Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra constantly crashing after Android 12 Update in UK

(Topic created on: 21-11-2021 09:41 AM)
AJacob
Journeyman
Options
I got android 12 update 2 days before, after that most of my apps are crashing and i can't even use some of my apps like Outlook, Facebook, Youtube. How long ot will take to fix this bug? I am constantly checking for any updates. Or else someone please let me know how to go back to android 11

18 REPLIES 18
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

I have no issues with my S21 Ultra running the official stock UI4/Android 12 release. I didn't participate in the Beta release and so wend from Android 11 > Android 12.

Have you tried clearing the cache? Resetting the phone etc?

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
AndrewL
Options

@AJacob: Further to the post above by @WelshPaul, can you confirm if you participated in the One UI 4 Beta? In the meantime, please try heading to Settings > Apps > Select an affected app e.g. Facebook > Force Stop > Storage > Clear Cache. Do this for all apps you're experiencing performance issues with, then press the Volume Down and Side Keys together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts. Let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Nothing to do with Beta. I went from Beta to Android 12 and no issues and infact first time didn't bother a Reset.

Make sure all apps are updated in both stores and keep checking everyday.

You can do

A wipe cache

Repair apps in same menu

Get good guardians and do the app optimisation.

Happy days.

PS. Android 12 has generally been buggy even now. Google Pixel 6 having issues as well.
0 Likes
Agi4
Journeyman
Options

I had the ui 4 update a few days ago (s21 ultra). As well as some crashing apps i notice the wifi will only use the 2.4ghz range. Before it would use the 5ghz. I have tried usual stuff  clearing cace rebooting etc  but will only use 2.4ghz

rodmendes92
Explorer
Options
Same here! This is so annoying for a £1200 phone... I updated my S21 Ultra with the latest software and since then the lagging is noticeable and several apps like Facebook, Outlook and Google do not function properly (external links do not open, keeps crashing, etc).
My phone has more than 200 GB memory free and I've done the clear cache thing, restart the phone, etc. So frustrating...
RKKK
Pioneer
Options
I've regretted having updated it!!!
Jetinder
First Poster
Options

Having issues with my S21+ today with Android Auto not working anymore with the phone. Tried the usual tricks with cache and cables without any joy. 

Frustrating!

0 Likes
Mallymonster
Apprentice
Options
Since the UI4 android upgrade everytime i recorded some video and try to share on whatsapp or telegram the video is corrupted at first the recieved video had nulti coloured diagonal lines then recently a green horizontal green line down the left side although it plays ok on my phone. it seems the latest mp4 format is incompatible with these apps anymore. It was working perfectly before the upgrade. Any ideas to cure this fault. I have cleared the main cache on the phone.
0 Likes
Members_hcxOdq0
First Poster
Options

Same here, updated s21 ultra last night and BBC news, mcafee and duckeuxk go browser crash when trying to open them. Phone is now very unstable

0 Likes