Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra charging slowly

(Topic created on: 26-02-2021 11:52 AM)
bob95
First Poster
Options
Just got  my s21 yesterday and I know that it doesn't come with a charger in the box but connected  my fast charger from my old one+ which charged very quickly but its telling me it will take 5+hours to fully charge from 50% even after  enabling fast and super fast charging. I also ordered  a wireless charger with the phone but is apparently coming in a separate delivery 
0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
LucasCM
Journeyman
Options
If your charger has more than 25W, It will not work correctly, because Samsung took off the 45W charging. It was causing lots of damage on the batteries. If your charger has less than 25W, it will actually charge your phone slower, even if you turn on the "Super Fast Charging". The charger I use is the same charger for the NOTE 10 SERIES, and it charges my phone in less than 1 and a half hour. Try using Samsung 25W chargers only.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The 18w or 25w are best optimised chargers for the S21 series as max is 25w
I use my old 18w and normally charge overnight so wake up with 100%
Usually takes 1 and half hours to fully charge.
With the S21s it seems to charge between fast and slow depending on the %of battery left to protect the battery.
So it will charge fast upto 30% then normal and then slow after 80% something like that.
0 Likes
ghosty
Voyager
Options
OnePlus chargers are not compatible with Samsung Charing so you will not get any fast charge out of that and get the standard slowest charge possible..
0 Likes
JimmyBawa
Pathfinder
Options
Hi, out of the box the fast charging is disabled on the phone (not sure why) so you will need to go into battery settings and enable fast charge but I also agree with ghosty oneplus chargers do work on Samsung. Something to do with their Dash/Wrap charge functionality?
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Your charger does not sound compatible to me Bob. It is a pain that Samsung no longer supplies the charger with their flagship phones. I ordered the charger below from Amazon mate and it works brilliantly enabling superfast charging which gets me from 15% to full in about 55 minutes. It is a 25W charger which is what mine your S21 Ultra both need. Good luck bob. 👍

Screenshot_20210221-120136_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Graham37
Pioneer
Options
I paid for an official samsung charger so I could benefit from super fast charging. I originally just used my charger from my s10+ but fast charging didn't cut it
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
As many have already said here, 25w charging is the maximum supported charging speed but you do need the pd chargers typically supplied by Samsung. I have 2 official Samsung 25w chargers and a 45w (2 came from my Note 10+ 5G and S20 Ultra). All are capable of charging at the the full 25w which is about 1h 10m from flat to 100% (screen off).
0 Likes
SgtRepeat
Explorer
Options

My S21 Ultra is taking 1.5 hours to charge from 5-100% with the Samsung 25W super fast charger and the cable supplied with the S21 Ultra.

And I have fast charging and super fast charging enabled on my device.

Any idea what I may be doing wrong?

Members_PPP
Apprentice
Options

I have a S21 Ultra and since 2 weeks ago it starts to charge very slowly. I have 3 Samsung 25W, I tried all 3 and the problem persists. When is with the screen off it charges normally. If I'm browsing, for instance Chrome, it can spend more than 3 hours until reach 100%. What could it be? Why it slows down so much? Thanks

0 Likes