Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S21 Ultra charging slowly with 25W charger

(Topic created on: 24-11-2021 06:24 PM)
SgtRepeat
Explorer
Options

My S21 Ultra is taking 1.5 hours to charge from 5-100% with the Samsung 25W super fast charger and the cable supplied with the S21 Ultra.

And I have fast charging and super fast charging enabled on my device.

All the user reviews & battery charging tests online show that the S21 Ultra takes roughly between 1 hour 9 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes to do a full charge from 0-100% with the Samsung 25W Super fast charger. 

Any idea what is going wrong here? Is it an issue with the phone, cable, or charger? 

33 REPLIES 33
Members_PPP
Apprentice
Options

I don't know the precise procedure, but they replace these spares - IF SUB PBA ASSY-SM- 998B and A/S REWORK KIT-SVC SM- 998. By the way, I'm in Portugal, so the phone has an Exynos 2100 processor.

0 Likes
SgtRepeat
Explorer
Options

I'm in India where we have the Exynos 2100 chipset as well.

Will let the service centre people know about the spares. Thanks! 

0 Likes
Solution
SgtRepeat
Explorer
Options

So I've had a weird resolution to the issue.

I stay in India where it's summer now & the temperatures are really hot (around 32-34°C inside the house) . So, I switched on the air conditioning, set it to 24°C, and started charging my phone. To my surprise, the phone charged from 5-100% in 1 hour 5 minutes!

I tried it a few other times & the results were the same. The moment I tried charging the phone in a room without air conditioning, it took 1 hour 30 minutes.

It's really strange that a room temperature difference of a few degrees results in an added 25 minutes of charging time!

I wonder if this is normal for all Samsung phones as I didn't face this issue with any other phone. 

0 Likes
Joefromga
First Poster
Options

If there are apps that keep crashing it will turn off fast and superfast charging. Go to battery and see if there are app issues.  When you put them in deep sleep and reconnect your charger it should go back to fast or superfast. 

0 Likes