Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S21 Ultra charging slowly with 25W charger

(Topic created on: 27-04-2021 12:02 PM)
SgtRepeat
Explorer
Options

My S21 Ultra is taking 1.5 hours to charge from 5-100% with the Samsung 25W super fast charger and the cable supplied with the S21 Ultra.

And I have fast charging and super fast charging enabled on my device.

All the user reviews & battery charging tests online show that the S21 Ultra takes roughly between 1 hour 9 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes to do a full charge from 0-100% with the Samsung 25W Super fast charger. 

Any idea what is going wrong here? Is it an issue with the phone, cable, or charger? 

33 REPLIES 33
SgtRepeat
Explorer
Options

It's so frustrating to see everyone else get a full charge on their S21 Ultra within an hour & 10 minutes, while we have to be stuck for longer durations. 

0 Likes
Members_PPP
Apprentice
Options

I also tried with Super Fast Charging & Fast Charging disable both and the charging time doesn't change. It seems that these options are not working.

0 Likes
Members_PPP
Apprentice
Options

Did you already try a technical support chat from Samsung?

0 Likes
SgtRepeat
Explorer
Options

They're extremely useless. They say it could be a fault with my house's electrical supply & that 1.5 hours is actually fine for a 5000 mAh battery. 

0 Likes
Members_PPP
Apprentice
Options

Yes, they are useless. They recommend going to a technical shop. 

0 Likes
SgtRepeat
Explorer
Options

The service centres always have only one solution - format the phone. 

0 Likes
Members_PPP
Apprentice
Options

I already did that, and it didn't change anything.

0 Likes
SgtRepeat
Explorer
Options

I guess we're just stuck with the faulty units, then.

So much for spending $1600 on a phone. 

0 Likes
Members_PPP
Apprentice
Options

Hi. I have news. Yesterday I went to a Samsung technical shop and in 2.5 hours they solved the problem. They repaired the charger electric circuit and now, from 10% batery to 100%, with 25W charger, it spends 1 hour and 3 min. Maybe you should have to do the same thing.

0 Likes
SgtRepeat
Explorer
Options

I'm in fact returning from the Samsung service centre right now. The phone charged in 1 hour 18 minutes over there, so they told me there's no problem.

Could you DM me the exact procedure they did so that I can tell the service centre people to do the same? 

0 Likes