Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S21 Ultra charging slowly with 25W charger

(Topic created on: 26-04-2021 10:05 AM)
SgtRepeat
Explorer
Options

My S21 Ultra is taking 1.5 hours to charge from 5-100% with the Samsung 25W super fast charger and the cable supplied with the S21 Ultra.

And I have fast charging and super fast charging enabled on my device.

All the user reviews & battery charging tests online show that the S21 Ultra takes roughly between 1 hour 9 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes to do a full charge from 0-100% with the Samsung 25W Super fast charger. 

Any idea what is going wrong here? Is it an issue with the phone, cable, or charger? 

33 REPLIES 33
AndrewL
Options

@SgtRepeat: When you connect your phone to your charger, does it say Super Fast Charging on screen, and provide an estimated time for it to reach 100%. If you power off the phone completely and connect to your charger, do you notice an improvement? 

0 Likes
SgtRepeat
Explorer
Options

It does say Super Fast charging and provides 1 hour 6 minutes as the time for a full charge, but 30 minutes in and only around 35% is charged.

The estimated time at the 30 minute mark is around 50 minutes.

A full charge takes around 1 hour & 30 minutes.

I haven't tried powering off the phone and then charging it. 

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
It was showing 1h 8m at 1% while on, but I'll give it a proper timing.

UPDATE - It took 1h 5 mins whilst on to fully charge from 1 to 100%.

20210426_002037_2946.jpg

SgtRepeat
Explorer
Options

Thanks for checking the full charge time.

Are you on the latest software build?

I'm on G998BXXU2AUC8. 

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Yes I am.
0 Likes
SgtRepeat
Explorer
Options

Great, then it's not a software issue on my phone.

Wanted to check if the charge time has been increased due to a software update. Samsung did it with the S20 Ultra where the charge time increased from 1 hour to 1 hour 20 minutes. 

0 Likes
SgtRepeat
Explorer
Options

I powered off the phone at 5% & charged the phone. It took me 1 hour 22 minutes to reach 100%.

Do you think this is a software or hardware issue? 

0 Likes
Members_PPP
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem and now last about 2h20m to full charge, from 1% to 100%. I don't use it when charging. I have tried 3 different 25W chargers and also cables from Samsung and the problem persists.

I also did a factory reset and I still have the problem. I'm afraid that I have to look for a technical shop.

0 Likes
SgtRepeat
Explorer
Options

I'm sure you've ensured that the Super Fast Charging & Fast Charging options are enabled.

Does your phone get unusually hot while charging? 

0 Likes
Members_PPP
Apprentice
Options

I have Super Fast Charging & Fast Charging enable and I also tried to unable one of them and doesn't be better. 

While charging the phone become slightly warm.

0 Likes