Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra camera

(Topic created on: 02-02-2021 11:26 AM)
Albooth
Apprentice
Options
Anyone else think the canera quality is not that good? All my pictures seem grainy compared to the quality on my previous S10+, I'm really not happy with it to be fair? I'm thinking i might have a dodgy one?
7 REPLIES 7
Vetri
Voyager
Options
what I have observed so far is, under good lighting conditions it smokes all its predecessor but not up to the level of Max pro. 3x and 10x captures some stunning photos with a beautiful natural blur. it's a mixed bag when it comes to low light. having said that, Samsung usually releases a lot of fixes during the first couple of months so majority of these could improve since the camera hardware is a definite step up this time

for me the major disappointment is with ultra wide, I know AF helps with macros but its the same old sensor and the ultra wide photo quality is average. The competition is moving on to advanced Sony sensors this year
Graham37
Pioneer
Options
I took some low light/ night mode shots last night and the quality was great but 3x zoom wasn't good in low light..very grainy and blurry.

thought the phone had any issue but under good lighting at home the 3x zoom was crisp so I think it is zoom in low light performance. daytime pictures are incredibly crisp and detailed though.
Albooth
Apprentice
Options
I've swapping it for another phone, same one, straight swap, as I'm also having issues with this one throwing me out of apps and freezing, as well aa dropping calls, think I've just got a dud, hopefully the next one is better 🤞
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Albooth  Hopefully you just had a  somewhat substandard device and the replacement will be much better.   Whilst aware that some members have expressed  some disappointments  with the upgrades camera should be better than the S10 Plus.    Whilst reviews can be subjective the  camera has impressed  some experts  https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/02/01/galaxy-s21-ultra-review-a-camera-that-could-finally-dethron... 

This one though  suggests room for improvement https://techcrunch.com/2021/01/21/samsung-galaxy-s21-review-come-for-the-price-drop-stay-for-the-cam... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

VinnyVegas777
Journeyman
Options

This is exactly why I returned my Note 20 Ultra a couple weeks ago and went back to the LG V60. I think it might have to do with the way Samsung post processes the photos/video. I was hoping the S21 Ultra would have improved but from what I am reading it seems to have the same issues.

0 Likes
Notamech
Voyager
Options
Couldn't agree more. On a cloudy day i snapped some pictures of birds using the 10x zoom and was surprised at how bad the pictures were. They were extremely noisy and grainy. All reviews say that the zoom is good up to 30x but in my experience they havent been up to scratch. Also while the main camera is good wrt dynamic range and low light capabilities i found my previous note 10 photos come out sharper in a side by side comparison. I might also try swapping for a new unit.
0 Likes
Yousuf
Explorer
Options
Iv notice that all cameras are not sharp at all, on the surface without zooming into the taken photos they may look ok but try to crop in and you'll see they're just bad, lines are a mess on average, and the 10x loss less zoom is a gamble
actually quite disappointed
0 Likes