Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra camera - terrible quality

(Topic created on: 01-02-2021 09:21 PM)
JulianeM
Explorer
Options

Edit: After researching about it, the problem is on S21 Ultra on Europe version only, I bought mine in the UK and unfortunately received a device with an awful camera. I contacted Samsung that promised to contact in 1 week time to give me a video support but this never happened. I had no choice but to return the phone and ask the refund. I expected more from Samsung.

A detailed side by side on US x EU versions video: https://youtu.be/rsLJLk3nx8k

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really think my phone has a hardware problem is not possible that a phone ranked on top of pixel 5 and iPhone 12 max pro is not taking simple photos and videos indoor with good light, but that's what I'm experiencing. I tried to update the system and the camera configurations, but still the same thing:

• Photos: All modes are bad, normal photos are never focused, they don't have details even if I take a 108Mb on a static object like a bottle on top of my table 1 meter away, my old phone takes a incredible better photos. Also the portrait mode just blur the whole photo. The zoom takes photos with a veryyyyyy low resolution, looking more a abstract paint. Well I tried all modes, that's basically the problem present in all.
  • Videos: The videos don't have any stabilization, we see jumps on movements, problems on frame rate giving the feeling you are watching a stream in a low connection, and the focus and blur just changes randomly.

Here is some examples, first my daughter playing, in a very slight movement but as you can see all the static points are also blurry, and second photo a button with 100x zoom with focus locked and my arm supported by the table:

Portrait photoPortrait photo100x photo with focus locked100x photo with focus locked

132 REPLIES 132
Bob53
First Poster
Options

I bought online S21 ultra 4 days ago and I am feeling same disappointment as very poor screen performance and very poor camera result, before I was using galaxy note 9 which is 3 year old phone has far better camera result and  screen performance when I keep both phone together.

I checked camera in all only 4:3 just better and selfi camera only works good. When you take photos of paper and zoom it's not sharp .my note 9 is 3 times better then it. I downloaded latest upgrades but no help .I feel wasted my 1400$.

0 Likes
HugoCB
Apprentice
Options

I have the same result. Post a photo as example :

Imagen demo copia.jpg

0 Likes
CULIC
Explorer
Options

Mart 20. 2022 update finally brought all zoom modes to PRO!! THANK YOU SAMSUNG 

0 Likes