Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra camera - terrible quality

(Topic created on: 06-02-2021 11:54 AM)
JulianeM
Explorer
Options

Edit: After researching about it, the problem is on S21 Ultra on Europe version only, I bought mine in the UK and unfortunately received a device with an awful camera. I contacted Samsung that promised to contact in 1 week time to give me a video support but this never happened. I had no choice but to return the phone and ask the refund. I expected more from Samsung.

A detailed side by side on US x EU versions video: https://youtu.be/rsLJLk3nx8k

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really think my phone has a hardware problem is not possible that a phone ranked on top of pixel 5 and iPhone 12 max pro is not taking simple photos and videos indoor with good light, but that's what I'm experiencing. I tried to update the system and the camera configurations, but still the same thing:

• Photos: All modes are bad, normal photos are never focused, they don't have details even if I take a 108Mb on a static object like a bottle on top of my table 1 meter away, my old phone takes a incredible better photos. Also the portrait mode just blur the whole photo. The zoom takes photos with a veryyyyyy low resolution, looking more a abstract paint. Well I tried all modes, that's basically the problem present in all.
  • Videos: The videos don't have any stabilization, we see jumps on movements, problems on frame rate giving the feeling you are watching a stream in a low connection, and the focus and blur just changes randomly.

Here is some examples, first my daughter playing, in a very slight movement but as you can see all the static points are also blurry, and second photo a button with 100x zoom with focus locked and my arm supported by the table:

Portrait photoPortrait photo100x photo with focus locked100x photo with focus locked

132 REPLIES 132
SimonTemplar14
Pioneer
Options
that's a close up shot taken in good lighting. my issues have been in lowlight especially outdoors at night time. the picture quality is totally unacceptable.
SimonTemplar14
Pioneer
Options
yes night mode improves things but it's not really good for night shots. the results are too unrealistic. to be honest given the lighting conditions you shouldn't need night mode to take a good shot of the rabbit. the normal mode shot is too poor
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options

20210131_110059.jpg20210206_111910.jpg

is there 2 film protectors on the camera iv taken off the one in the youtube video but if i run my nail over the camera i can feel another one or is that the edge of the camera i dont want to try and lift it incase its not

im getting pretty good shots on it but its bugging me as to what is it i can feel

S24 ultra 512gb-q95t tv- Galaxy watch 46mm
0 Likes
Simmo71
Pathfinder
Options
I've just taken this, pressed the furthest right leaf/tree which is 10x I believe, nowhere near your quality!

20210206_114237_19001.jpg

0 Likes
Darbis
Voyager
Options

That is a protection film like in the front. Dont take it off if you have taken the thicker one out. You need to take that thick plastic out only

0 Likes
Darbis
Voyager
Options

I think the photo with the cat is good

Simmo71
Pathfinder
Options
When you see the videos of the two versions side by side there's a huge difference in the cameras, I can understand software updates to improve things but I'll bet good money that in 12 months time my camera still won't take the same quality pictures as the Snapdragon, so I think you saying be prepared for set backs is incorrect. You wouldn't buy anything else expecting it to be fixed after you buy it if there's already a better version would you?
0 Likes
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options

lucky iv not tried to take that one off only the clouldy one that was on the back when i first got it out off the box

steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options

so i take it that thing i can feel with my nail is the lens on the camera

0 Likes
Darbis
Voyager
Options

yes