Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra camera overheating!

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 07:01 AM)
Guy41
Navigator
Options

I've had the s21 ultra for a almost a week now.

It's an amazing phone in general BUT it gets super super hot whenever using the camera for more than a minute. This excessive heat causes the camera to stutter and lag and a zoom call of 5 minutes caused the phone to get so hot it just shut down! I've updated twice already including the latest firmware just yesterday but without any noticeable improvement. Reading other people here reporting the same is very very worrying as I was sure I just had a faulty unit. This is a wake up call to Samsung. 

67 REPLIES 67
Supun N
First Poster
Options

Same as mine, 🙁getting worst day by day 

0 Likes
StrangeZo
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem just bought my s21 ultra 5 days ago when I use the camera it heats up fast.

0 Likes
SUBRATA ROY
First Poster
Options

I also have a heating problem on my s21 ultra exynos version. 2-3 minutes after launching the camera app. The phone become too hot.

0 Likes
isko01
Pioneer
Options

@SUBRATA ROY   @StrangeZo 

Hi,

Did you update  phone to last firmware  AUB9 and did you do after  wipe cache?

0 Likes
Itsmarcus
First Poster
Options

Had this issue during the first month but with the last updates it seems solved and the camaras work flawless! 

0 Likes
mansev
First Poster
Options

Hello

I am having Galaxy S21 for over 2 weeks. It is EU product with Exynos CPU. Till now I had Galaxy S4, S6, S8 and now S21. Camera for taking photos is just BAD. Pictures are grainy and not good quality. After a minute Galaxy S21 gets so hot that I must close camera application. I have called support in my country and they said that I would have to bring phone to them and leave it for diagnostic for few days. Service center is 100km from my home and I do not want to drive 400km so that after they would say phone is ok. What is sad is that I cannot return this phone and ask for money refund, because I bought it in shop. This is my last Samsung phone for sure. I have made photo of same thing at the same time with S21 and my 4 year old S8 and S8 picture is better. Also, my friend made picture of same thing with his Huawei p30 and I made mine with S21.

pic 2 - GALAXY S21.jpg

GALAXY S21

pic 2 - HUAWEI P30.jpg

HUAWEI P30

pic 1 - Galaxy S8.jpg

MY OLD GALAXY S8

pic1 - Galaxy S21.jpg

MY NEW (AND LAST) GALAXY S21

0 Likes
Sabertooth
Student
Options

I had the same issue. I visited service center and they told me it can heat upto 48°c while using Camera. Above 48°c will only be considered as a defect.

0 Likes
s21 ultra overheatin
First Poster
Options

I hve just bought s21 ultra and on the fifth days just realized that it gets super hot like a MILF when i enter the camera mode, even not capturing anything and just play around with the zoom.. Good job Samsung! never consider to buy your phone anymore