Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra camera overheating!

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 07:01 AM)
Guy41
Navigator
Options

I've had the s21 ultra for a almost a week now.

It's an amazing phone in general BUT it gets super super hot whenever using the camera for more than a minute. This excessive heat causes the camera to stutter and lag and a zoom call of 5 minutes caused the phone to get so hot it just shut down! I've updated twice already including the latest firmware just yesterday but without any noticeable improvement. Reading other people here reporting the same is very very worrying as I was sure I just had a faulty unit. This is a wake up call to Samsung. 

67 REPLIES 67
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
my s20 exynos gets hot whenever I do something intensive and the camera can be intensive depending on what you are going. is your s21 get excessively hot as in almost too hot to touch?
Guy41
Navigator
Options

I only notice significant heating when using the camera. It does get too hot too touch even, after a couple of minutes of use. And even before it's too hot to handle the camera lags significantly. I am hoping its a hardware issue and a faulty unit and not a software one. 

0 Likes
mermii
Journeyman
Options
same here and the battery does drain . I've just received the second update so hopefully it resolves the issues
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
to be honest it's more than likely a software issue but they will resolve generally every year you get some kinda of software fault
0 Likes
Guy41
Navigator
Options

If it is a software issue and it so not resolved within days than the phone isn't usable. I work heavily with Zoom and if I can't use video calls because of overhearing and crashing than I have no use of this phone

AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
fair enough I can't say 100% it's software but it seems lots of people are having the same issue so I would presume it's software very similar to the S20 FE screen issues
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
does the phone get very hot on zoom?
0 Likes
Guy41
Navigator
Options

Extremely hot. Too hot to handle within 5 to 10 minutes, and then the phone crashes because of the excess heat. 

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
wow sounds like this is going to be a wide spread issue the joys of preorders
0 Likes
Members_ZdN4hdZ
Student
Options

I have the same problem with my samsung s21. I can't even touch it after using the camera.