Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra camera overheating!

(Topic created on: 17-02-2021 09:44 PM)
Guy41
Navigator
Options

I've had the s21 ultra for a almost a week now.

It's an amazing phone in general BUT it gets super super hot whenever using the camera for more than a minute. This excessive heat causes the camera to stutter and lag and a zoom call of 5 minutes caused the phone to get so hot it just shut down! I've updated twice already including the latest firmware just yesterday but without any noticeable improvement. Reading other people here reporting the same is very very worrying as I was sure I just had a faulty unit. This is a wake up call to Samsung. 

67 REPLIES 67
Eugene  58
Apprentice
Options

I didn't mention some things. I put in sleep and deep sleep as much as possible application, and problem was resolved, and didn't come back jet. Any way user, like me,  require some advise, manual or preferably application to organise all applications inside phone without productivity issue and avoid conflicts.  I hope Samsung able to resolve such kind of problems permanently. Consumer usually not able properly recognize which app from background could be send to sleep, or deep sleep without future problems.      

0 Likes
Members_ZiH5pDS
Student
Options

for god sake I just bought an exynos  512 GB s21 ultra phone and it's just unusable , the phone get very hot if you open few app, video call and got a BBQ in the same time should be their  advertisement, 1500£ phone for nothing  lag always, hot for nothing can't use it properly. 

very disappointed 
Kevin Diaz
First Poster
Options

I have the US version with the same problem.

ravipadmaraj
First Poster
Options

I've the same issue in India with Exynos 2100. It's overheating when on a video call or using camera; even after the firmware update. Samsung customer service is pathetic. They aren't willing to refund, but advising to get it serviced. Samsung isn't standing by it's commitment at least here in India. EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED SAMSUNG!

Stoleriko
Pioneer
Options

Same here.

The frame near the camera bump is becoming extremely hot (really you just can't touch it) after just a few moments of using the cams.

Closing all other apps in the background doesn't help.

S21 Ultra, Exynos. Latest firmware. 

Screenshot_20210216-183128_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Members_UpHuLxE
First Poster
Options

I've had my phone just over a week battery is awful start at 7am with a full battery, dropped to 55 percent by 10am with little use.

In a zoom call today it was red hot and I thought it may blow, so I put it outside.  The camera unit overheats very quickly and is dangerous.

As soon as I return to the UK ots going back for a refund.

All the hype and great reviews are a sham, Samsung should be ashamed. An expensive top of the line handset is a piece of junk.

I've ran updates and factory resets to no avail.

After many years with Samsung ill be going elsewhere before my house burns down

0 Likes
orrange113
Journeyman
Options

I returned my samsung. But this week I’ve broke a screen of my iPhone and while it is in  a service, I decided to give a Samsung another try, I went and took another one with a contract today. I through, maybe I’ve got a bad unit the first time or maybe some new updates came. Well, guess what? The same issues. This time I didn’t use Smart Switch, just synced my Google contacts, that it. I updated it right away and it seems that camera performance became better and it becoming just hot in camera, but not like demonic hot like before. This said, game performance is still very bad  compared with even my old 7 Plus. Maybe it will become better with time, but it is not what I expecting to get, getting a 1.5k premium device. Screw it. Will return the device tomorrow. I really wanted to use your device, Samsung, but enough is enough.

Jimbo8
First Poster
Options

I have been experiencing overheating when videoing too, with my new S21Ultra. I can only video for less than 1 minute before I get a message saying Phone is Overheating. I am using normal Full HD video (not 4K or 8K) with stabilization. Very frustrating and concerning.

0 Likes
isko01
Pioneer
Options

Hi to all,

Did you have overheating problem on camera after AUB9 update?

0 Likes
Eugene  58
Apprentice
Options

Since  I  organised  my  application  under battery optimisation options (deep sleep, sleep,  never sleep), I never meet overheating problems.  Any way it phone automatically optimise your applications it is still complicated.  For example audio stops streaming om car audio without reason. II need more attention.