Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra camera overheating!

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 07:16 AM)
Guy41
Navigator
Options

I've had the s21 ultra for a almost a week now.

It's an amazing phone in general BUT it gets super super hot whenever using the camera for more than a minute. This excessive heat causes the camera to stutter and lag and a zoom call of 5 minutes caused the phone to get so hot it just shut down! I've updated twice already including the latest firmware just yesterday but without any noticeable improvement. Reading other people here reporting the same is very very worrying as I was sure I just had a faulty unit. This is a wake up call to Samsung. 

67 REPLIES 67
Vetri
Voyager
Options
exynos version?
Stevewed
Student
Options
has the phone been out a week? I got mine yesterday on release day...

ps. The Graphics performance of the Exynos is very disappointing!
Guy41
Navigator
Options

Yes, Exynos. 

Vetri
Voyager
Options
depending on the retailer some people had early access. We need AMD soon, likely H2 2021, till then we can only compare exynos to it's own predecessor not with other flagship GPUs which is a shame
Guy41
Navigator
Options

It is Exynos, and it is more than disappointing. My main reason to upgrade was the cameras(which are very impressive) , and it is currently unusable unfortunately. 

Guy41
Navigator
Options

I really don't mind GPU performance as long as the camera works..! Very GPU consuming games work flawlessly 

Vetri
Voyager
Options
my thoughts are exactly same as yours
Stevewed
Student
Options
oh dear. hope Samsung solve your problem! Cameras was one of my main reasons for uograding too.
Guy41
Navigator
Options

Swapping it for a new one shouldn't be a problem, but after reading another post like mine here I'm hoping this is not a systemic issue