Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s21 ultra camera issues

(Topic created on: 03-02-2021 09:07 AM)
gianvyxxx97
Navigator
Options

hello everyone,

I have a samsung s21 ultra exynos version and i'm having issues whith the optical zoom.

When i'm taking photos at night or in dark areas using the optical zoom lenses, the optical zoom automatically switches to the normal zoom loosing all the quality that the cameras have.

Have you the same problem? Is this an isulated case? Can this problem be solved?

Hope you can help me!

4 REPLIES 4
Members_fyZA6fi
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue, and I could not find any proper workaround for this.

One method that might help is to point the camera to a bright (well lit) environment and wait for the phone to switch from digital to optical zoom. Afterwards, you lock the exposure (by pressing for 1-2 on screen). When you move then the camera to a low light environment it will keep the optical zoom. But you will lose the ability to refocus...

I hope they will fix this issue, but at the same time I think they just don't care...

Remixed711
Explorer
Options

I think you're referring to the "focus enhancer" option. Disable it in the camera settings. 

0 Likes
IneptxPython
Explorer
Options

I am also experiencing this, its the same when the focus enhancer turns on to get macro shots it sometimes changes back when actually getting close to the object, its like the software isn't made for the camera setup. 

Because the lens does not seem to change from 3x optical to 10x optical when going to 10x zoom or even 15x only at 16 or above it changes to 10x optical.

If you go into the video mode and press one of the 4 zoom shortcuts / icons and then drag it, it has a range and it stays on that selected lens when changing it, why is this not on the photo mode?

gYnce
Apprentice
Options

Same thing, I don't understand what is hiding behind this. Ok I understand on casual photo AI decides what lense to use, even I hate this feature, let it be. But why Samsung do not let u choose x10 and x3 lenses in pro mode I have no idea, it feels like a trolling or free, demo version of 240mm lense... It is essential to have possibility to use x10 lense only, cuz this is the major reason I bought this phone, to use x10 lense, and when 50% AI decides to use digital zoom is terrible. As a photographer I don't like playing lottery with Ai, who decides what is better, I know better what I need. Can't believe we have to discuss about it, when 3 year older phones with tele lenses has this... Scam? feels like.

0 Likes