Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Camera Issues

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 06:32 PM)
lmedwards
Journeyman
Options

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum but just had to join because I have been experiencing some really annoying issues with my brand new S21 Ultra's camera. I'm very familiar with each of the camera modules and what they're good for, however mine can't seem to use the right one at the right time.

It keeps choosing to use the 3x telephoto lense when I ask for 10x zoom, and often uses the 10x lense when I ask for 3x. The result is ridiculously grainy images that don't even compare to my Note 10+.  I have tried experimenting by covering up the camera lenses that I think it should be using at the time to prove that it's getting it wrong, and low and behold the image isn't covered up.

The annoying thing is, I can see the camera switching between the correct and incorrect modules if I tilt the camera towards different light. 

Members_d2qZ1vx_0-1611937415769.png

Has anyone else experienced this? Hopefully fixable with a software update but this is really affecting the quality of my images.

49 REPLIES 49
Thekidman96
Navigator
Options
Luckily for me I don't have any problems with the cameras (exynos version) only thing that annoys me is when I go to take a photo quite close, but not close enough for macro, it changes lense, so on the left hand side just turn the focus enhancer off, other then that I have no problems, let us know if you fix the problem! 👍
payneo
Journeyman
Options
does your phone rattle at the camera when shaking the phone?
lmedwards
Journeyman
Options
Yes it does - why do you ask?
0 Likes
payneo
Journeyman
Options
I ask as I've never experienced this with any other samsung I've owned. when something rattles that cost so much is alarming
0 Likes
lmedwards
Journeyman
Options
I believe I had this with my Note10+ because it had an actual shutter inside. It doesn't rattle when the camera is active, weirdly
0 Likes
Kingmaddo
First Poster
Options
yeah it's normal don't worry :smiling-face: getting my s21 ultra on Monday. currently have the s20 ultra but giving that to my fiancé. can't wait
Thekidman96
Navigator
Options
this is normal mate, I had it with my S10+ and my s8+, it is just the camera lenses moving, as they have optical stabilization, don't threat my friend, it's normal. I also have s21 ultra
Lukeb1
Pioneer
Options
I've just noticed I have the same issue. always seems to use the 3x zoom. can't even get it to use the 10x zoom camera
Alex047
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem, I noticed that yesterday and i don't know exactly why it is using the ×3 cam instead of the ×10. Anybody solved this issue or had the same problem?

0 Likes