Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S21 Ultra Camera Homescreen Not Displaying all Lenses

(Topic created on: 11-03-2022 10:54 PM)
Karl1953
Apprentice
Options

Hi all, please bear with me; this is my first ever post on a Samsung forum. I've owned many products including TVs, tabs, phones etc going way back. I recently took delivery of a S21 Ultra and am really struggling to get answers for a problem I have regarding the layout of the home screen on my camera. Near the bottom there should be a row of teardrop shaped icons which allows you to flip between the different cameras, but on mine when I open the camera I am presented with only a group of icons with the zoom options - 0.6, 1, 3, 10 etc. 

I have reset my phone to factory settings without any joy. Is there a fix anyone knows of? Really appreciate your replies.

Karl.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
That is the options of cameras, 0.6x Ultra wide, 1x standard Ultra wide, 3x telephoto and 10x periscope. What exactly are you missing?

If you wish to use the front facing camera (selfie) swipe upwards in the screen.
Karl1953
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the courtesy of the reply, it really is appreciated.

The icons  showing the magnification on my current setup don't match up with any other S21 Ultra I've seen on any other handset on the various help or tutorial videos I've sought on YouTube etc. The standard layout instead of numbers has icons that look like trees. (The teardrop shape I referred to in my op)

From left to right - one big tree  with a little tree either side, a big tree with a little tree next to it, one tree on its own and one tree on its own with one inside it. (I'll post a link and hope it works so you can better understand my gibberish)

Once again thanks, as I said I don't usually post because I'm not the best with forums. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=s21+ultra+camera+ui&client=tablet-android-samsung-nf-rev1&prmd=inv&s...

0 Likes
Solution
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
That is because from the latest OneUI build 4.0 the camera app icons were changed to what you see now. The videos you saw with the tree icons are what the older version of the camera app looked like. There's nothing to be concerned. Functionally, it works very much the same, only I personally think now the UI is a little more intuitive.
Karl1953
Apprentice
Options

Thanks once again. As I bought my handset off eBay I was slightly concerned it may have been an older ui although the seller had 100% positive feedback. 

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The trees have been replaced by numbers in Android 12 to make it easier for you.
So.
.6 is ultrawide
1. Main lens
3. Is 3x zoom
10. Is 10x zoom

Hope that clarifies your issue.

Happy Days.
Karl1953
Apprentice
Options

Thank you