Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Camera help

(Topic created on: 02-03-2021 12:58 AM)
Lunalil
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I had the iPhone 11 and changed to the Samsung s21 ultra yesterday. I’ve used Samsung in the past and prefer them and the photo quality is much better. 

I’ve not been blown away by the camera I won’t lie but I’m wondering how you use the 108mp mode? I click the ratio button at the top of the camera screen and there are the options, full, 3:4, 3:4 108mp etc I clicked the 3:4 108mp, the photos were ok but is this the only way to use the 108mp camera? When I click the ‘full’ buttoning the ratio options  that makes the photo subject closer and takes much clearer photos, is this still the 108mp or another of the cameras? 

It’s so confusing 😃

Any advice appreciated. I’m unsure how you switch between the cameras, and why the 108mp 3:4 ratio  doesn’t seem as good as the full option on the ratio options. 

Thanks

Luna

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
The 108MP mode is the only way to use it. Since none of the other sensors support 108MP, they are disabled.
0 Likes
Lunalil
Explorer
Options

Hi,

So every time you use the camera it’s 108mp? How come there’s the 3:4 108mp option ? How do you use all the other cameras on it if they’re disabled? It’s confusing. 

Thanks.

Itsme2
Explorer
Options
Main: 108-megapixels, 0.8µm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, optical stabilisation (OIS), laser autofocusUltra-wide (120°): 12MP, 1.4µm, f/2.2Telephoto (10x): 10MP, 1.22µm, f/4.9, OISTelephoto (3x): 10MP, 1.22µm, f/2.4, OISSelfie camera: 40MP, 0.7µm, f/2.2
Hope this helps.
Lunalil
Explorer
Options

Thank you. How do you change between each lenses? To use wide, telephoto etc? If you do a basic point and shoot is that the standard 108mp camera you use? 

0 Likes
Itsme2
Explorer
Options
It will change the lens automatically to what you set the ratio to.
Lunalil
Explorer
Options

Thank you.

So  at 3:4 it’s using the 108mp lens? At full it’s using which lens/mp camera? 

Thanks for your help. 

0 Likes
Itsme2
Explorer
Options
Using 3:4 108mp you have the best quality but more limited options. you can change to 3:4 with more zoom options with reduced mega pixels but the quality is still very good. if you have a play with it you'll see which ratio gives different shooting options. just tap on the ratio and you'll see the ratio options.
Lunalil
Explorer
Options

Great. Thanks for your help 😊

Joeeye
Maestro
Options
The only time it shoots 108MP is when you set it to that mode (says 108MP at the top). If you set to 3:4 it pixel bins down to 12MP (it groups a 3x3 pixel grid as one pixel). The other ratios are 9:16 (9MP), 1:1 (9MP) and full (8MP). These are all standard shots from the main sensor. To use the other camera lens such as the wide angle and telephoto, you need to be out of the 108MP mode. To switch to them you need to press the little icons above the mode switch line for photo, video etc. In standard 12MP (3:4) the icons from left to right are 0.6x (wide angle), 1x (standard shot no zoom), 3x (telephoto) and 10x (telephoto). Hope this helps.