Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Camera Exposure Issues

(Topic created on: 31-01-2021 04:07 PM)
LABANDTYD74
First Poster
Options

Is anyone else getting exposure issues when taking photos with the sky in, tried it with HDR switched on and off but made no difference.  Really bad photos the comedy sky colour was way too blue and horrible, looked like a cheap filter not a photo taken from a £1200 phone. Attached 2 photos, I'm not in the Caribbean so you might spot the weirdly blue sky out of the 2 photos. Come on Samsung it's your flagship phone, have you not had enough issues in recent times without this.How blue can you make the sky??How blue can you make the sky??What the sky just about looked like!What the sky just about looked like!

25 REPLIES 25
Owally
First Poster
Options

Exact same problem its laughable. Like the cheapest generic Chinese android phone. Unusable and Pro doesn't help. 

20220129_130813.jpg

0 Likes
Lawry50
Student
Options

I have tried taking identical scenery plus sky photos with 6 apps instead of the native camera app. Most of them are using the native camera system so they have exactly the same intense aqua problem. A couple mask the aqua by reducing saturation this includes Lightroom, it is still the wrong color, just under saturated (at least with skies in Australia).

0 Likes
Members_N2unC94
First Poster
Options

I have a S21 and have to say the opposite occurs with colours looking washed out, faded. I often take photos of clothes to send to the wife in regards to what the kids might like but never have has the camera shown the true colours. It's not even close. I have tried manual settings but that takes time and it's still not capable of showing green as green or blue as blue. Green looks like a dirty geyish brown and blue is lifeless and grey.

0 Likes
Amr3
Apprentice
Options

I think i found some hint to partially solve this problem, I noticed that if you increased the zoom to 2x or more than 2X  (>2X)   the color changing functionality disappear, hence the colors comes natural again

I hope this help , please try and tel me

thanks

0 Likes
Astronomical
First Poster
Options

Had the same issue. Ended up buying the Sony Xperia 1 III and I couldn't be happier. I can finally take photos that actually represent reality and I got back the headphone jack and SD card slot.

0 Likes
ForeverRogue
First Poster
Options

Chiming in from Canada and using the S21 Ultra. My complaint is with indoor photos though. I'm taking interior photos of homes and it has been a nightmare and time consuming. The best way to describe the issue is that the colour is too warm. Rooms with white walls come out looking a golden brown/bronze colour. Far from acceptable for my clients. Plus the flash is practically useless - pictures are too dark. So now I'm looking at investing in 3rd party software to clean up the photos from this overrated camera. I feel scammed as the hype about the camera was/is utter garbage. 

0 Likes