Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Camera Exposure Issues

(Topic created on: 15-06-2021 11:03 PM)
LABANDTYD74
First Poster
Options

Is anyone else getting exposure issues when taking photos with the sky in, tried it with HDR switched on and off but made no difference.  Really bad photos the comedy sky colour was way too blue and horrible, looked like a cheap filter not a photo taken from a £1200 phone. Attached 2 photos, I'm not in the Caribbean so you might spot the weirdly blue sky out of the 2 photos. Come on Samsung it's your flagship phone, have you not had enough issues in recent times without this.How blue can you make the sky??How blue can you make the sky??What the sky just about looked like!What the sky just about looked like!

25 REPLIES 25
Endearing
Apprentice
Options

Yes I have the same issues. The colors are off and I post my pictures on shutterstock and every one of them are getting denied. I'm hoping they fix this issue. 

Slottie
Student
Options
I've just deleted some pictures I took because the sky looked ridiculous. I have justvswapped to the S21 and I am really disappointed with this. I am an artist and I chose this phone for the camera. I am now starting to regret that based on unnatural photographs. I have turned HDR off like the other guy and it makes no difference. My Note 9's photos were such better. I am worried I have wasted my money.
Alex Ehv
First Poster
Options

I have the absolute same issues...blues are unnatural and totally blown up. My S8+ which I owned before took way better pictures...

20210501_111838.jpg

 I wrote to the customer service but this didn't help... they said I should adjust my screen color... but it's not a screen issue but a camera issue! I wonder if it would help if I'd use another app for taking photos?

NHarverson
First Poster
Options

I would agree.  I have only just purchased my S21 Ultra (UK version).  For photos where my back is to sun, any blue sky appears ridiculously dark blue, like one of those old postcards from the 1960s which have been touched up.  The colour on such shots is also too strong on other areas of the photo.  In addition, I have found that the colour of a lot of photos is slightly yellowish, even after having downloaded the photos to my computer and viewed them on the computer monitor.  I do think for a phone of this price, the images that the camera gives should be better.

Nic1981
First Poster
Options
Its really awful. I'd love to know how to turn it off or at least reduce it.
HorasCZ
Explorer
Options

I have the same experience Sky and grass are always unnatural...

20210516_161456.jpg

DutchKat
First Poster
Options

This is so bad, gosh I have the same... I use my phone pictures professionally online and in print and those colours are far too hysterical and unrealistic! Not sophisticated at all...The blue from the sky, the green from plants and the red from flowers, just awful, indeed like postcards from the seventies! I was so satisfied with my S8... I guess I will have to return the phone... what did you do?

Billyone
First Poster
Options
I've had the exact same problem with the sky being too blue. Additionally when I photograph a monochrome image from a blackandwhite film on TV it comes out blue. S21 is my first Samsung but I think I'm going to return it.
GeezLouise
Apprentice
Options

Seeing for how long this has been an issue, I think this phone is a scam. I switched to this phone from a Google Pixel 2 and the quality is NO MATCH to the quality I was getting with the single lens pixel 2. I also have a Pixel 3, which also takes much better pictures than this. I am not a pro photographer by any means, but I would use my phone, when not using my Sony A3 dslr, and the google pixels were always a good compromise. The photos from this phone are just bad, color, contrast, sharpness and exposure are all out of proportion. It seems as if somebody decided that good photos is just max saturation on all fronts and called it quits.

Disappointed, bad investment.