Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra Camera Blur

(Topic created on: 02-09-2021 07:36 AM)
Stevevdb30000
Pioneer
Options
Just wondering if anyone else has been having an issue with the camera on the S21 ultra? I've had my phone since it launched and in the past 6 weeks I've noticed when I open the camera app, the picture is blured. If I zoom out below 1.0, it looks sharp, if I zoom to 3.0 it's crystal clear (but obviously to close) but between 1.0 and 3.0 everything in the image is blured 🤔

I've done a factory reset and spoke to Samsung and they said it needs a repair. A friend of mine has the same phone and is having the exact same issue, so I'm not convinced sending it off for a repair will do anything what so ever. I'm wondering if an update has caused this? Nearly every update Samsung has done for this phone says "camera improvements" in the release notes if you look back in the history..

14 REPLIES 14
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It might be worth sending feedback via your Samsung Members App under GetHelp if you believe its a software issue @Stevevdb30000 

I have seen that clearing the cache in the camera app can occasionally help.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

jmen243
First Poster
Options
Having the same issue with my Galaxy s20 ultra
0 Likes
Stevevdb30000
Pioneer
Options
Is it only a recent thing with you too?
0 Likes
Stevevdb30000
Pioneer
Options
Thanks, I shall do that too, I've made an appointment at a Samsung experience store to show them and with any luck they'll have one of these on display for demos that I can test the same thing with
0 Likes
Doner
Journeyman
Options
I've complained about this to Samsung over Messenger. Like you, I've had mine since launch where the photos were perfect, then around June the quality is an issue. After doing everything asked of me to sort it out I was told to get my phone repaired. I continued to ask whether this was the result of an update but they never answered, I told them others are having the same issue, but nothing! I don't believe my phone needs repairing at all!
0 Likes
Ark7755
Journeyman
Options
Since early august I had the blur issue with the last update. I don't think to be honest it's hardware related. I'll wait until the new update comes out before really looking into it. With the amount of people saying this suddenly seems odd if it's all our hardware
0 Likes
Stevevdb30000
Pioneer
Options

@Ark7755 @Doner  - i took the phone into an experience store on Tuesday and the chap had a look and said its a lens issue. I'm not convinced but have done what they ask and left the phone with them for repair. It should be ready by the end of this week. Ill let you know the outcome.

0 Likes
Ark7755
Journeyman
Options
Cool. Well the latest update is out in the u.k now so that help narrow it down also of it was software
0 Likes
Stevevdb30000
Pioneer
Options
@Ark7755 have you applied the new update? Has it fixed anything?
0 Likes