Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Camera Black Spot

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 04:20 PM)
LewisCra
Explorer
Options
Hey there, 

My brand new S21 Ultra has a black spot when trying to take photos in the Camera app. This seems to prevent the photo from settling as the autofocus freaks out. 

This is especially noticable against a white background at close range. The included image is an example of how it looks when using manual focus to see the black spot. 

The lens on the outside looks fine, very clean. Am I going to have to try to return it? 
How can dust have already gotten inside the sealed camera unit...

9 REPLIES 9
Thekidman96
Navigator
Options
not seen or heard of this issue... I'd send it back mate for a replacement.
0 Likes
Deano89
Navigator
Options
make sure you've taken off the protective film on the lens
0 Likes
LewisCra
Explorer
Options
Afraid I have already done that, it's definitely under the lens cover. Pretty sure if it was on the lens cover itself it'd be a smaller dot. Think it's likely deep in the Camera.
0 Likes
Cjg21
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue!! Im currently on chat with Samsung support, and they are having me reset camera setting and trying to factory reset my phone! Have you had it fixed yet?

0 Likes
jtimez
Student
Options
Did anyone get a solution?
0 Likes
LewisCra
Explorer
Options
It was definitely a defect, I expect dust had gotten under the lens during manufacture.

Contacted support and after being passed around a few times, they sent a replacement.
0 Likes
jtimez
Student
Options
I recently had a new screen put on my s21 ultra and I've just spotted the same thing just on my X1 camera... Looks like they might have got a bit of dust in... Great 😞
0 Likes
jtimez
Student
Options
Although it was done by Samsung so hopefully they will sort it.
0 Likes
LewisCra
Explorer
Options
Good luck!