Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Camera after update AUB3

(Topic created on: 09-02-2021 06:54 AM)
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I updated to the latest firmware and now my Camera has very bad noise in my night shots.  Prior to this photos and video was overly softened.  Is anyone else experiencing this?
6 REPLIES 6
TheEyes
Pioneer
Options
Best photos after update. Nothing changed

20210209_080318_304.jpg

0 Likes
Bt32
Voyager
Options
Have you got scene optimiser turned on? Turn it off and use night mode directly from the various scenes menu ,don't use auto mode. There's a big difference now between auto night mode and the night mode in the menu.
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I must preface this with that it's only in extreme low light and not in all conditions. Its weird, like its trying to extract details out of an object or texture from walls, but not doing it in an open dark space. Compared to my older Samsung cameras (S20 Ultra and Note 10+ 5G) there's tons of noise. Wasn't doing this prior to the update.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I guess that's the trade off. Sharper noisy photos or softer blurry photos.
0 Likes
d4rkstr4ng3r
First Poster
Options
The wide camera certainly isn't better after the update, although the other cameras are but still not as good as they could be in my opinion.
0 Likes
IneptxPython
Explorer
Options
I believe its the ai processing, usually after taking the image it sharpens out for me and sometimes get a notification saying refining photo, I have heard its less noticeable on snapdragon. and for the grainy photos if you are using 10x optical for some reason it don't actually use 10x in low light unless you go to around 15x I think it's using which lens has better light performance at say 12x but doing a bad job
0 Likes