Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Camera 10x Optical Issues

(Topic created on: 27-02-2021 04:35 PM)
Members_fyZA6fi
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Have somebody noticed that Samsung s21 Ultra (Exynos version) is not consistent with its 10x optical zoom, especially in low light environments?

If the camera software does not detect enough light, it automatically switches to the 3x optical lens setup and then zooms digitally up to 10x. That's why  a lot of people are also complaining about grainy shots! (when using telephoto lenses)

Samsung, why not to give the option to the customer to decide how he wants to use the lenses? (Make this a setting...)

Also, add the telephoto lenses to the Pro Camera, and release an update!

4 REPLIES 4
Mzlphoto
Journeyman
Options

Agreed! We need telephoto support in Pro Mode and stop switching to the 3x in low light! If I click the 10x, let me use the 10x

Shamrock_Sean
Voyager
Options

Before when I had my Ultra I noticed a few issues with zoom lenses even during daylight. Stabilisation is rubbish on 10x zoom considering it has OIS. And occasionally I noticed my 10x optical zoom resorted to 10x digital even in bright daylight. It happened 2 or 3 times but I think these are bugs Samsung needs to address. Also 3x zoom is rather over sharpened and 10x is rather soft and pixelated with scenery with trees in etc. I do not think this Ultra phone was tested very well before release

K Dimov
Helping Hand
Options

This is from today on latest AUB9. Utter sh1t!!!!

Screenshot_20210227-114900_Camera.jpg

Screenshot_20210227-114920_Camera.jpg

Current: S24 Ultra 512GB Titanium Violet | Old: S21 Ultra 256GB Phantom Black
gYnce
Apprentice
Options

This situation is ridiculous, if they don't take any action this is the last Samsung device in our house. 

When simple things can't be done, feels like Samsung are making fool of us.

0 Likes