Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra calls randomly switch to speaker

(Topic created on: 15-12-2021 09:57 AM)
Novocastrian
Apprentice
Options

For some time I've experienced an issue on my Galaxy S21 Ultra, whereby when making / receiving phone calls the audio switches to speaker output. This can be extraordinarily uncomfortable when holding the phone to your ear, as the volume can be deafening. 

At first, I thought it must be my ear pressing the speaker button, but the problem also manifests when the phone is held away from my face. 

Any suggestions / solutions? 

25 REPLIES 25
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Has this been happening
Since installing new update
Try deleting the cache
It may help

How do I clear the cache on my device?

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/
0 Likes
Novocastrian
Apprentice
Options
Hi, and thanks for taking the time to respond. This has been happening for at least a couple of months, so pre-dates the latest version.

I have cleared the cache, but the problem still persists.
0 Likes
Members_AVOfyGB
First Poster
Options

I am getting this in my regular S21 and it's driving me mad.......

BoBsMoK
Journeyman
Options

Same problem here. Send my phone to samsung repair, but they couldn't do anything about it. So they gave me a new phone. I tried immediately after taking it out of the box. Same problem. So tomorrow they pick up my new replacement phone and try to fix the same problem they could not fix before. I think they should give an update, so the phone uses the speakers for hands free calls, instead of the phone being confused and switching all the time

Members_ky5FYy0
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with my S21 5G. Very annoying bug. It persists after the latest update even after cache cleared.

ROGER2
Student
Options

+ 1 on Galaxy S21 phone just randomly switches to speaker several times in call.

ROGER2
Student
Options

+1

Members_6peCNLL
First Poster
Options

Same issue here driving me up the wall.

jgnewton
First Poster
Options

I've been having the same issue with my S21 FE. I don't think any hardware replacement of the same type is going to fix the issue. It's very frustrating. I'll be in my car using my bluetooth device, or going about my business using my bluetooth headphones, and all of a sudden the voice of the person I'm talking to will be coming out of my phone. It's frustrating, and especially dangerous when I'm driving. Samsung needs to fix this problem. Never had an issue with my old google phone. 

Last thing I want is to die in a car crash trying to switch the bluetooth on my phone back. Debating trading in my phone over this, especially seeing posts in other chats with other Samsung devices date back with no fix, even for newer models.