Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra brightness

(Topic created on: 13-06-2021 06:02 PM)
Ocebir
Pioneer
Options
Hello all,

Sunny day here in the UK, which has led to this post. Samsung claim to have the brightest screen in their S21 Ultra, however out in the sun today and I am quite disappointed to say the least. Yes I can see what is on my screen however I have put my S21 Ultra against my old S10e and guess what... my S10e is brighter, for reference both phones are on max brightness.. same app.. side by side directly under the sun however the S10e is noticeably more brighter.. this makes me wonder if I have a faulty display.. or if the S21 Ultra brightness is not what it is claimed to be? Any experiences? Thanks
25 REPLIES 25
kaza
First Poster
Options
New samsung watch wearing very disappointed in battery life paid over 200 for it and it spends more time on charge than on me
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The S21 Ultra's brightness is beyond any other OLED display on the market right now. Manual brightness is still limited by Samsung to only 462 nits, however when in auto-brightness, it goes to a staggering 942 nits – almost beating the superbly bright RGBW LCD display of the LG G7.22

Try using with adaptive brightness as see.
Ocebir
Pioneer
Options
Hi, thanks for your input maybe I should have made it clear when i said brightness is on max, that is the auto brightness with adaptive brightness on. I am familiar with the numbers as mentioned in the op however in reality putting two phones side by side in practice these numbers are not coming to life.. have you tested two phones putting figures aside and just using your eyes as a measure? Just need to know if my phone is not reaching its peak brightness..
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
TBH . I didn't know that manual had a cap on brightness while Adaptive doesn't.

Was wondering if having on 120hz or 90 hz would make a difference.

Also I do know screen protectors also may hamper brightness depending which once you use.

The S21 ultras normally come with one installed.

Do you use the default or your own?

Unless you have access to another S21 Ultra You may not know.
0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
If the sun is shining so brightly on your screen that you have it up to max brightness and want it brighter, i would be more worried about overheating the device, or causing screen burn-in
0 Likes
Ocebir
Pioneer
Options
Hey i think your missing to point here bud... the point is that the s10e is brighter than the s21 ultra.. which shouldn't be the case
0 Likes
Ocebir
Pioneer
Options
I have the pre installed one on.. i think if someone has an older device they can maybe do a side by side comparison then I will know if its a device problem or not. Again appreciate the feedback
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
My s21 has the brightest screen I have ever seen
Ocebir
Pioneer
Options
Hey thanks for your reply, I don't doubt your comment at all as I thought the same until I compared... if you have compared and your comment remains the same then I would start to think maybe my display is faulty..
0 Likes