Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra battery

(Topic created on: 11-12-2021 11:51 AM)
crimsoncrust
First Poster
Options
S21 ultra draining battery sp fast I feel I have a damaged battery in less then 4 months 
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @crimsoncrust  How long does your Battery last?   Have you cleared the  cache partition lately which is advisable after updates.  Procedure as follows:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones  , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key (plus Bixby Key if phone has one)
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.

Press the Power key to restart the device.

Are you using any optimisation techniques  such as turning off certain connections such as Bluetooth or Wifi  when they are not needed  and putting apps which are not used a great deal into sleep Mode?   You can also use a Power saving at certain times, some of these points explained in the article @xSteveuk  posted.   However some customers have adequate battery life with Adaptive Refresh Rate and  WQHD+ turned on.  The Always on Display does use some battery life and some social media apps, particularly Tiktok can drain the battery more.    Some Members use Dark Mode  though I am not a fan of this being constantly on myself , prefer a balance of battery life and the best experience.  

Some more information here : https://www.guidingtech.com/fix-samsung-one-ui-battery-drain/ 

If you can post your battery stats that would also help. Go  to Battery and Device Care-Battery. click on that and take screenshot.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

_Jonno
Voyager
Options
Same here for some reason now my battery last a couple hours less of SoT than the previous android version.

The first 10% of battery lasts half hour of just tiktok or just YouTube. But after the first 10% is settled and can watch 2hours of YouTube without loosing much battery.

Its that first battery percentage that drains super quickly as well as the last 5 percent.

Regardless of what goes on it drains super quick and don't have many apps or anything draining significantly.

1h of music with Bluetooth takes 11% while my previous phones would drain 3-4% 😭
0 Likes