Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Battery life really bad compared to all the youtube video review

(Topic created on: 22-01-2021 11:04 PM)
daribeiro
Pioneer
Options

So I bought the new S21 Ultra on the pre order the day it was announced. I was one of the lucky ones to get early so I could leave a review. 

Coming from a Note 10+ that I had for a year and a half, I was really excited for the S21 Ultra, but was really disappointed with the battery life. I've had the phone for 5 days now and since the very beginning I've not been able to use the phone for the whole day on a single charge. It's been giving me screen on times comparable to my Note 10+ (4/5 hours) which is a much older device, but I thought maybe this was the way all S21 ultra's were behaving, just not very good battery life.

BUT, yesterday all the youtubers started to publish they're videos comparing batteries with older S devices and Iphones and their S21s were doing amazing, giving them screen on times of up to 13 hours! 

I contacted support but they said this would be normal as my phone was still learning user patterns... but I'm not sure if that would affect it as bad as it is at the moment. 

What do you guys think? Should I send the phone back? I'm really concerned that I just spent all this money on a new phone for it to be so bad with battery. 

972 REPLIES 972
JonnyBonz
Explorer
Options

Yes this is what I have been told. :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
Mtm1401
Navigator
Options
Connecting to WiFi and turning on WiFi effectively turns off mobile network, although you could also add a routine to turn it off when you connect to home WiFi or something
0 Likes
Ihatesammy
Pioneer
Options

This message just appeared in the device care app... Weird

Screenshot_20210215-145920_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
K Dimov
Helping Hand
Options

@Ihatesammy  I have put a lot of apps manually on sleep/deep sleep. Some were suggested by the phone (device care app) itself to be put on sleep mode.

Current: S24 Ultra 512GB Titanium Violet | Old: S21 Ultra 256GB Phantom Black
0 Likes
Stuart8
Navigator
Options

I mean that doesn’t give me much hope. That’s actually kind of worrying.

0 Likes
K Dimov
Helping Hand
Options

This is my latest usage. I am definitely happy with the stand by time. The phone was on mobile network 10h and then connected to WiFi

Screenshot_20210215-092612_Device care.jpg

Current: S24 Ultra 512GB Titanium Violet | Old: S21 Ultra 256GB Phantom Black
Juan greenfield
Pathfinder
Options

I have no idea what did I touch yesterday on the settings or if the update did a late effect,but I just lost 6-7 % battery over night, while before I was loosing between 15% all up to 25% on stand by, definitely saw an improvement. Hope It stays like that. SOT still drainin a lot faster while im in mobile network (I have 5G max signal with Unlimited data where I live so I don't have Wifi) hope this also will be addressed in future updates.

Screenshot_20210215-122222_Device care.jpg

Juan greenfield
Pathfinder
Options

I have deactivated the VoLTE call, which was on and I believe that was what solve my stand by problem while conected to mobile network, so if anybody has this on and they don't use 4G calls that much, I suggest to turn this off, maybe it will Improve the stand by issue.

Screenshot_20210215-122927_Call settings.jpg

Ajs3
Pathfinder
Options

Another day and another crappy battery life experience. The bulk of the screen time was on 4G. Thanks for a piece of ***** Samsung.

Screenshot_20210215-185108_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
Juan greenfield
Pathfinder
Options

Well yes that is not the best but believe me there are worst, I had average the same battery life with the same percentage of battery left, but 2 extra hours of SOT, all day and night with 4G conectivity, but I realize that my stand by time reduce considerably when I turned off on Network Conections the option of VoLTE for 4G calls, I think that was draining a huge amount of battery ( around 15 to 25% ) now is draining about 5 to 7% while the phone is in stand by, try that.

Screenshot_20210215-180651_Device care.jpg