Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Battery life really bad compared to all the youtube video review

(Topic created on: 22-01-2021 11:04 PM)
daribeiro
Pioneer
Options

So I bought the new S21 Ultra on the pre order the day it was announced. I was one of the lucky ones to get early so I could leave a review. 

Coming from a Note 10+ that I had for a year and a half, I was really excited for the S21 Ultra, but was really disappointed with the battery life. I've had the phone for 5 days now and since the very beginning I've not been able to use the phone for the whole day on a single charge. It's been giving me screen on times comparable to my Note 10+ (4/5 hours) which is a much older device, but I thought maybe this was the way all S21 ultra's were behaving, just not very good battery life.

BUT, yesterday all the youtubers started to publish they're videos comparing batteries with older S devices and Iphones and their S21s were doing amazing, giving them screen on times of up to 13 hours! 

I contacted support but they said this would be normal as my phone was still learning user patterns... but I'm not sure if that would affect it as bad as it is at the moment. 

What do you guys think? Should I send the phone back? I'm really concerned that I just spent all this money on a new phone for it to be so bad with battery. 

972 REPLIES 972
daribeiro
Pioneer
Options
I have no idea. But I got an update today. hopping it fixed the problem. I'll wait a few days to see. otherwise I'm returning it
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Another in-depth, 9 page, review from GSMArena...

"By the end of this review, we realized the good stuff far outweighs the bad, and most of what we didn't like could be fixed with an upcoming update."

GSMArena battery test Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, Global, Exynos...
s21 ultra exynos battery test.PNG

GSMArena battery test Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra, Global, Exynos...

s20 galaxy ultra battery.PNG

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
Options

The number you have with WQHD+ or FHD+ ?

Options

I think gsm arena numbers are far away from our numbers 

0 Likes
daribeiro
Pioneer
Options
WQHD+ 120HZ
sghiddoman
Journeyman
Options

Same problem here. Battery life sucks! i'm at 85 % after 45 minutes of turned on display! Yesterday at 16 i was at 25%!! How is it possible!?!? i also uninstall smarthing ( which is so usefull for me, having so many smart things) but it seems nothing is changing!

daribeiro
Pioneer
Options
yeah for me for sure it isn't smart things. I'm starting to think it's Chrome. I don't use it that much but it's always on the top of the list of the apps that use more battery... I wish I could put it on deep.sleep but it doesn't allow me to do that

Screenshot_20210127-104758_Device care.jpg

Options

The same thing for me chrome is always on the top of the usage , but i think you will complete 8 hrs on screen and this is a good number for on screen with adaptive 1480 , it improved than yesterday?

Screenshot_20210127-111648_Device care.jpg

daribeiro
Pioneer
Options
I think the phone is counting since the last full charge. last time I only charged it till 75% so it's adding up the time before that charge
sghiddoman
Journeyman
Options

Guys i never seen more than 4.30 hours of display turned on!!