Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Battery life really bad compared to all the youtube video review

(Topic created on: 26-06-2021 05:28 AM)
daribeiro
Pioneer
Options

So I bought the new S21 Ultra on the pre order the day it was announced. I was one of the lucky ones to get early so I could leave a review. 

Coming from a Note 10+ that I had for a year and a half, I was really excited for the S21 Ultra, but was really disappointed with the battery life. I've had the phone for 5 days now and since the very beginning I've not been able to use the phone for the whole day on a single charge. It's been giving me screen on times comparable to my Note 10+ (4/5 hours) which is a much older device, but I thought maybe this was the way all S21 ultra's were behaving, just not very good battery life.

BUT, yesterday all the youtubers started to publish they're videos comparing batteries with older S devices and Iphones and their S21s were doing amazing, giving them screen on times of up to 13 hours! 

I contacted support but they said this would be normal as my phone was still learning user patterns... but I'm not sure if that would affect it as bad as it is at the moment. 

What do you guys think? Should I send the phone back? I'm really concerned that I just spent all this money on a new phone for it to be so bad with battery. 

972 REPLIES 972
Austineal
Explorer
Options

Ive had mine since the release date, at first i have the same battery problem and heating, even after the learning phase, where id get just maximum 5hrs sot a day. It took over a month or 2 for the battery to last longer, now id easily reach 7 to 8hrs a day with a little to spare. Off the charger at 8am and charge at around 11:30pm. Heating lessened significantly but not gone, but better than before for sure.  

This phone just needs patience.. extra long patience, but worth it if you ask me. Also, power saving doesnt do much difference tbh, they say it can lower your battery life. 

Nasser
Student
Options

Hello everyone,  I faced the same issue and I was able to solve.

Certainly most of you faced this situation after an update.

To solve the problem you have to erase the cache partition by entering the recovery mode.

Best of luck to all.

0 Likes
sailord
Journeyman
Options

Nasser, thanks for the info. Can you show me the detail instruction ( link ) how to erase the cache partition?

thanks!

0 Likes
sailord
Journeyman
Options

just did it and let's see how is helping on my battery usage.

0 Likes
Nasser
Student
Options

Hi friend 

Sure it's so easy. 

Just connect your phone to a computer via USB type c cable then turn your device off , after it's completely off hold down the volume up and power button till your device turns that step will take you to the recovery mode. 

Use the volume keys to navigate and the power key to select. 

Navigate carefully and select wipe cache partition .

Once you're done navigate to reboot and confirm .

Below is a link to a video 

https://youtu.be/7WuwUx5N3ZQ

Please let me know the results.

Screenshot_20210531-193735_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
sailord
Journeyman
Options

i have done this, clean cache,  and waited for 2 weeks to report here now. It does NOT help. in fact, the SOT is less now. 20% of battery only gives me 46 minutes. 😭

0 Likes
Stuart8
Navigator
Options

@sailord , that’s a shame. How long have you had the phone and what’s your average SOT you get? I have volte disabled, no location, dark mode, WQHD, most apps on deep sleep, and it really depends how much I use my phone in the day, it could last nearly 3 days with around 3 and a half hours SOT, or if I used it a lot in one day I could around 7 hours SOT, maybe do a test constantly on the phone, you might find a difference then.

0 Likes
Jay21plus
First Poster
Options

have you noticed that battery shrinks very fast from 100 to 90 in just 15-20 minutes or max 25. I am facing this problem are you ??

]

0 Likes
sailord
Journeyman
Options

too fast out of 100% after remove from a charger. but it wasn't so obvious to me that the first 10% gone faster than the rest as it's all too fast in my opinion. Tried all the things in this forum and others. still not on par with my wife's iPhone 12 Max, in fact, by far, worse.

0 Likes
Stuart8
Navigator
Options
Yeah, as soon as the phone comes off charge it practically starts dropping instantly. But like I said the as a overall SOT on WiFi it will reach over 7 hours if I'm constantly on it watching things.
0 Likes