Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Battery life really bad compared to all the youtube video review

(Topic created on: 22-03-2021 11:36 AM)
daribeiro
Pioneer
Options

So I bought the new S21 Ultra on the pre order the day it was announced. I was one of the lucky ones to get early so I could leave a review. 

Coming from a Note 10+ that I had for a year and a half, I was really excited for the S21 Ultra, but was really disappointed with the battery life. I've had the phone for 5 days now and since the very beginning I've not been able to use the phone for the whole day on a single charge. It's been giving me screen on times comparable to my Note 10+ (4/5 hours) which is a much older device, but I thought maybe this was the way all S21 ultra's were behaving, just not very good battery life.

BUT, yesterday all the youtubers started to publish they're videos comparing batteries with older S devices and Iphones and their S21s were doing amazing, giving them screen on times of up to 13 hours! 

I contacted support but they said this would be normal as my phone was still learning user patterns... but I'm not sure if that would affect it as bad as it is at the moment. 

What do you guys think? Should I send the phone back? I'm really concerned that I just spent all this money on a new phone for it to be so bad with battery. 

972 REPLIES 972
Juan greenfield
Pathfinder
Options

0 Likes
SaiChaotic
Pathfinder
Options

Wow you got lucky there 

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
0 Likes
yunik maharjan
Apprentice
Options

I'm not even getting 5 hours and I'm using FHD screen resolution. I don't know what is happening, I have even added most apps to deep sleep plus the battery drain on standby is bad too, it loses 2% an hour. 

And battery saving modes don't seem to do that much either, for me using battery saving mode has been almost useless and has  no significance to battery life at all.

0 Likes
Austineal
Explorer
Options

@yunik maharjan How long have you had the phone and has it finished "learning your usage patterns"? Also, did you sync all your settings, apps and layouts from your old phone to the new one? Are you usually connected to wifi or using data? Try disabling 5g and use 4g instead, 5g eats a huge chunk of battery. Idk how true but some people say battery saving mode doesnt help at all and in the long run it could damage the battery.

0 Likes
yunik maharjan
Apprentice
Options

I had the phone for the last 10 days. I use wifi 99% of the time. 5g is always disabled cause it's not even available where I live.

And no I didn't sync anything from the old phone at all.

0 Likes
K Dimov
Helping Hand
Options

@yunik maharjan I would return it for replacement immediately then. Dont forget to backup and factory reset the phone before that.

Current: S24 Ultra 512GB Titanium Violet | Old: S21 Ultra 256GB Phantom Black
0 Likes
Juan greenfield
Pathfinder
Options

If you dissable the option VoLTE calls from Connections >Mobile Network, the battery consumption while the phone is sleeping should be solved. Or at least in some cases that did solve the issue.

If you could screenshot and drag for a larger view on the battery usage apps maybe I can check which apps are usually drainning your battery.

0 Likes
yunik maharjan
Apprentice
Options
0 Likes
Juan greenfield
Pathfinder
Options

Screenshot_20210326-113133_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210326-113122_Samsung Internet.jpg

 i see you have this apps running in the background non stop. You should put them to sleep and deep sleep, I'll recommend putting Spotify to sleep and and Last.fm also,  Google and KDE Connect on deep sleep that should save you some battery.

0 Likes
Stuart8
Navigator
Options

@Juan greenfield , is there actually any difference in battery drain from google/google chrome, to Samsung internet? It seems to me the drain is pretty similar, but I’ve only mainly used Samsung internet so can’t really make a judgement 

0 Likes