Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Battery life really bad compared to all the youtube video review

(Topic created on: 19-03-2021 02:24 PM)
daribeiro
Pioneer
Options

So I bought the new S21 Ultra on the pre order the day it was announced. I was one of the lucky ones to get early so I could leave a review. 

Coming from a Note 10+ that I had for a year and a half, I was really excited for the S21 Ultra, but was really disappointed with the battery life. I've had the phone for 5 days now and since the very beginning I've not been able to use the phone for the whole day on a single charge. It's been giving me screen on times comparable to my Note 10+ (4/5 hours) which is a much older device, but I thought maybe this was the way all S21 ultra's were behaving, just not very good battery life.

BUT, yesterday all the youtubers started to publish they're videos comparing batteries with older S devices and Iphones and their S21s were doing amazing, giving them screen on times of up to 13 hours! 

I contacted support but they said this would be normal as my phone was still learning user patterns... but I'm not sure if that would affect it as bad as it is at the moment. 

What do you guys think? Should I send the phone back? I'm really concerned that I just spent all this money on a new phone for it to be so bad with battery. 

972 REPLIES 972
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options

No don’t do it. My battery life has gone to ***** with this March update. Drains 1% every couple of min while in use. Don’t know why

0 Likes
Austineal
Explorer
Options

March update isnt doing good for me either. Less than 5hrs sot, its still middle of the day now with 37% left.... normally id be around 55% before the AUBB update...

0 Likes
SaiChaotic
Pathfinder
Options

AUBB update is kinda bad, I thought it was just a security patch but it caused me to lose some screen on time. 

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
0 Likes
Austineal
Explorer
Options

I think this is normal after every update. As what ive noticed from the previous updates, every new update the phone is probably learning 50% of the usage patterns again. So sot would lessen, then after maybe 5 to 7days itll go back to normal or hopefully higher sot. 

0 Likes
SaiChaotic
Pathfinder
Options

I've had the update for 10 days though 

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
0 Likes
Stuart8
Navigator
Options
yeah I've had the AUBB update since the device which was 4th of March. I don't get no more than 4 hours SOT, with most features turned off. I'm sure the next update will improve this though
0 Likes
SaiChaotic
Pathfinder
Options

I hope the update comes soon though, also I hope it solves the heating issue 

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
0 Likes
Stuart8
Navigator
Options
Yeah I also hope it comes soon. Fortunately I can't speak of the over heating issues. I've had two devices and none had over heating problems. at what point does yours start to get hot?
0 Likes
SaiChaotic
Pathfinder
Options

I experienced having the phone too hot warning twice.

First was when I was in a Microsoft teams meeting, with camera on and I was sharing my phone screen. Camera shut off when the warning popped up. I was 25mins in the meeting.

Second instance was when I was using mobile data, watching Netflix and some texting and social media browsing. I think it was 30mins in.

I never experienced the phone too hot warning while recording fhd60 with wifi on. Reaching 40mins of video recording and some photos. Although the phone got a bit hot to touch. 

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
0 Likes
Stuart8
Navigator
Options
That doesn't sound good at all. Have you tried contacting Samsung about it? it doesn't sound normal, especially twice and realistically that's only light usage.. I'd chase that up with apple mate, As much as their a pain in the ***** to speak with, might be worth a shot getting a replacement?
0 Likes