Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Battery life really bad compared to all the youtube video review

(Topic created on: 17-03-2021 02:45 PM)
daribeiro
Pioneer
Options

So I bought the new S21 Ultra on the pre order the day it was announced. I was one of the lucky ones to get early so I could leave a review. 

Coming from a Note 10+ that I had for a year and a half, I was really excited for the S21 Ultra, but was really disappointed with the battery life. I've had the phone for 5 days now and since the very beginning I've not been able to use the phone for the whole day on a single charge. It's been giving me screen on times comparable to my Note 10+ (4/5 hours) which is a much older device, but I thought maybe this was the way all S21 ultra's were behaving, just not very good battery life.

BUT, yesterday all the youtubers started to publish they're videos comparing batteries with older S devices and Iphones and their S21s were doing amazing, giving them screen on times of up to 13 hours! 

I contacted support but they said this would be normal as my phone was still learning user patterns... but I'm not sure if that would affect it as bad as it is at the moment. 

What do you guys think? Should I send the phone back? I'm really concerned that I just spent all this money on a new phone for it to be so bad with battery. 

972 REPLIES 972
Entra80
Explorer
Options

Still with 5G the phone is run hot 🔥. When browsing or using apps

Is it normal with 5G to get hot around 42 or 43 degrees 

0 Likes
Darbis
Voyager
Options

No, but please check battery info is there is some app running wild. I had a near similar issue it was with 321 player so I just uninstalled it.

0 Likes
Austineal
Explorer
Options

Hey guys, everythings been running smoothly... till now. I updated to aubb the other day and now ive got this useless thing draining the biggest chunk of battery. Its the Keyboard Content Center. I have no idea what this is and why its draining this much. First time ive encountered this. 

Screenshot_20210316-180547_Device care.jpg

K Dimov
Helping Hand
Options

@Austineal Wow... on mine, its usage is 0.4% for 15h 20min background with foreground 1m.  Similar issue reported on S20 back in January -> https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s20-series/keyboard-content-centre/td-p/2578598
This is really weird

Current: S24 Ultra 512GB Titanium Violet | Old: S21 Ultra 256GB Phantom Black
0 Likes
Austineal
Explorer
Options

Aw man just when my phone was doing really well. Its eating half off of my potential sot. Ill try wiping cache again. I hope it helps. 

0 Likes
Ajs3
Pathfinder
Options

Hey guys. Just got this pushed. Any idea if this is "safe". Really don't feel like chasing my tail again.

Screenshot_20210317-094250_Software update.jpg

0 Likes
Stuart8
Navigator
Options

@Ajs3 I can’t answer your question regarding if it’s safe or not, but I’m certainly going to update. Last night i went in the garden to do some moon shots, and the camera experience was super rough, unlike the first device. The zoom was super laggy and it struggled to actually focus on the moon, it was just giving me a bright haze. it just really struggled as a whole and seemed way more of a bad experience using different modes than the first phone, which an update has changed.. so hopefully this update might fix something with camera quality too. Battery is okay though, not the best but certainly not terrible, off charge for nearly 3 days and SOT was 4 hours. But generally speaking I am really happy with the phone!

0 Likes
Juan greenfield
Pathfinder
Options

Hey Guys! I don't know if it was the last update or the fact that i installed Wifi at my place and Im connected to Wifi half a day and the other half over mobile network, but im definitely happy with the performance. One month before I had less than half of the battery than Im having right now with half the usage.

Before: 

Screenshot_20210208-014254_Device care.jpg

Now:

Screenshot_20210317-153304_Device care.jpg

 As you can see the SOT is amazing compared with what it was, and the battery drain while the phone is not being used is almost nothing. 

I recommend to keep always the phone updated. But is just my opinion.

0 Likes
Stuart8
Navigator
Options

@Juan greenfield  MATE! 10 hrs SOT is absolutely mental in my eyes, compared to what some are getting, I’m happy for you man that’s awesome your getting them kind of figures!! Bet your super happy with that, Great!

0 Likes
Juan greenfield
Pathfinder
Options

@Stuart8 Yes! I think thats insane for what i was getting, I was always on mobile network and that consumed a ton of battery but now with Wifi at my place Im getting incredible battery life. During the day while im working or at night while im sleeping because I turned off VoLTE for the phone calls ( tbh i don't use the phone for calls too much) and that reduced the battery drain while the phone is sleeping from 15 - 20% to 3-4%. I also believe that the last update improved my battery life and there is no overheat at all. So now I have nothing to complain about this device anymore. Maybe that the camera performance is not as good as Snapdragon (Exynos User here) but it's still amazing quality.