Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Battery life really bad compared to all the youtube video review

(Topic created on: 12-03-2021 12:24 PM)
daribeiro
Pioneer
Options

So I bought the new S21 Ultra on the pre order the day it was announced. I was one of the lucky ones to get early so I could leave a review. 

Coming from a Note 10+ that I had for a year and a half, I was really excited for the S21 Ultra, but was really disappointed with the battery life. I've had the phone for 5 days now and since the very beginning I've not been able to use the phone for the whole day on a single charge. It's been giving me screen on times comparable to my Note 10+ (4/5 hours) which is a much older device, but I thought maybe this was the way all S21 ultra's were behaving, just not very good battery life.

BUT, yesterday all the youtubers started to publish they're videos comparing batteries with older S devices and Iphones and their S21s were doing amazing, giving them screen on times of up to 13 hours! 

I contacted support but they said this would be normal as my phone was still learning user patterns... but I'm not sure if that would affect it as bad as it is at the moment. 

What do you guys think? Should I send the phone back? I'm really concerned that I just spent all this money on a new phone for it to be so bad with battery. 

972 REPLIES 972
SaiChaotic
Pathfinder
Options

I think the updates are making the phone better :smiling-face:

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Juan greenfield
Pathfinder
Options

@Darbis Thats what i was saying if i got 1 day with 7+ hs on data, when i get wifi will be performing way better. Plus that is not normal usually i have half of that on data. So i guess the update did improve my battery performance 

Jauhari
Journeyman
Options

Which Firmware you currently use? Last update with March Security Patch?

0 Likes
Juan greenfield
Pathfinder
Options

Yes that one, march security patch

0 Likes
thirty1
Journeyman
Options

@Stuart8 

It was with the February update and mostly on WiFi with a bit of 4G.

The below screenshot is after the March update and on 4G the entire day with zero WiFi since unplugged. Not bad. 7 hrs SOT just on 4G is a possibility it seems. :smiling-face:

Screenshot_20210309-232639_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
Ihatesammy
Pioneer
Options

The latest update fixed the drain issue. I am still upset for the trouble we have all had to go through.

SaiChaotic
Pathfinder
Options

Screenshot_20210307-164929_Device care.jpg

 this is me before the AUBB or March update.

I'm not sure if the latest updated has an effect on battery, but seems like it caused some drain

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
0 Likes
Stuart8
Navigator
Options

I can’t work out what more to do to get the SOT some of you guys are getting?! Second device in the UK, had the phone since the 4th of March and currently getting around 4-5 hours SOT If I was to fully drain the battery.. really happy with the phone still though would be nice to get a little more life. Currently running the Samsung browser and not chrome, full screen resolution with some apps sleeping, dark mode and VOLTE turned off, also on WiFi. Any suggestions from anyone?

0 Likes
daribeiro
Pioneer
Options
I get 6 hours. I have all the settings just like yours but the resolution. I have it on FullHD cause I don't really notice much difference. I think that helps to get a little more SOT
Stuart8
Navigator
Options

@daribeiro  Thanks for the reply mate it’s appreciated. I’ll change it to that and see if I notice much difference! 

0 Likes