Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Battery life really bad compared to all the youtube video review

(Topic created on: 04-03-2021 09:49 PM)
daribeiro
Pioneer
Options

So I bought the new S21 Ultra on the pre order the day it was announced. I was one of the lucky ones to get early so I could leave a review. 

Coming from a Note 10+ that I had for a year and a half, I was really excited for the S21 Ultra, but was really disappointed with the battery life. I've had the phone for 5 days now and since the very beginning I've not been able to use the phone for the whole day on a single charge. It's been giving me screen on times comparable to my Note 10+ (4/5 hours) which is a much older device, but I thought maybe this was the way all S21 ultra's were behaving, just not very good battery life.

BUT, yesterday all the youtubers started to publish they're videos comparing batteries with older S devices and Iphones and their S21s were doing amazing, giving them screen on times of up to 13 hours! 

I contacted support but they said this would be normal as my phone was still learning user patterns... but I'm not sure if that would affect it as bad as it is at the moment. 

What do you guys think? Should I send the phone back? I'm really concerned that I just spent all this money on a new phone for it to be so bad with battery. 

972 REPLIES 972
IkaBag
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20210304-223655_Device care.jpg

 It is missing Samsungs web browser, it seemed to me to be as heavy battery drainerbas Chrome... 3 -3.5 minutes for 1% battery... has anyone come to a conclusion/solution?

P.S. This is my second Ultra... on the previous one the battery was even worse.

P.P.S when I go to Boost in CC Cleaner, there are ALWAYS 40+ awakened apps, eventhough most of them I've put to sleep. Any suggestions on that part?

0 Likes
Ihatesammy
Pioneer
Options

I installed today the new update but I am pretty sure it will not solve the overnight drain issues.... what a garbage

0 Likes
Austineal
Explorer
Options

Ive noticed that the more i use the phone, the longer the battery lasts compared to when i dont use it as much. Also that battery drains faster around the 100% to 70% mark; 69% down it starts lasting longer. Its my own observation of my phone. My standby drain when i dont use especially at night isnt much, just an estimate of 3-4% during 7hrs of inactivity, which is great no complains there. 

@K Dimov thatd be great, post your findings here, id love to compare to my phone too. 

yosef019
Apprentice
Options

@K Dimov this is not mine screenshot i sold the phone after few days battery life compared to rog3 is bad

0 Likes
Entra80
Explorer
Options

Screenshot_20210305-235634_Device care.jpg

 Not impressed. Battrey life is 16%

5G

Wqhd with 120hz

Volt is off 

0 Likes
Stuart8
Navigator
Options

Is that quite bad then? That would be around 5:45 screen time? There doesn’t seem to really be any solutions unfortunately..

0 Likes
K Dimov
Voyager
Options

I think we all have to agree that the battery life is SH1T. We are turning off services, putting apps to sleep and deep sleep, creating Bixby routines in desperate attempts to get somewhat decent SOT and battery life from a 1200-1300 euro phone ?!?!?  This is beyond ridiculous. I am not buying any SAMDUNG product and will be looking to sell my device. Hopefully will find someone brain-dead-one-eyed and foolish enough to buy it from me.

Current: S24 Ultra 512GB Titanium Violet | Old: S21 Ultra 256GB Phantom Black
Austineal
Explorer
Options

Ive been a loyal samsung user for more than 10yrs now, this might be my last unit from them. Which sucks because i hate to change brands, but oh well samsung brought this on towards themselves. 

Juan greenfield
Pathfinder
Options

Is incredible that having a 5G (at max signal) unlimited data plan, I had to hire wifi to get more juice on my battery life. Was not the only reason, but was one of the main reasons, at least I hope to see improvement on the battery life while on wifi. Since i bought it never conected to wifi once, and I saw that many people had twice as battery life while on wifi than mobile network, hope i can get better battery now.

0 Likes
Austineal
Explorer
Options

I was on data the whole afternoon today, atleast 5hrs. 5g disabled so i was using lte. My battery drain was huge compared to being connected to wifi most of the day. Now at 6% with 6hrs sot. Which is 2hrs lower than my normal sot which is 7½ to 8hrs the least a day with wifi. I really hope samsung could improve battery life in future updates. 

S21 ultra/ Exynos/ Philippine variant 

0 Likes