Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Battery life really bad compared to all the youtube video review

(Topic created on: 04-03-2021 08:06 PM)
daribeiro
Pioneer
Options

So I bought the new S21 Ultra on the pre order the day it was announced. I was one of the lucky ones to get early so I could leave a review. 

Coming from a Note 10+ that I had for a year and a half, I was really excited for the S21 Ultra, but was really disappointed with the battery life. I've had the phone for 5 days now and since the very beginning I've not been able to use the phone for the whole day on a single charge. It's been giving me screen on times comparable to my Note 10+ (4/5 hours) which is a much older device, but I thought maybe this was the way all S21 ultra's were behaving, just not very good battery life.

BUT, yesterday all the youtubers started to publish they're videos comparing batteries with older S devices and Iphones and their S21s were doing amazing, giving them screen on times of up to 13 hours! 

I contacted support but they said this would be normal as my phone was still learning user patterns... but I'm not sure if that would affect it as bad as it is at the moment. 

What do you guys think? Should I send the phone back? I'm really concerned that I just spent all this money on a new phone for it to be so bad with battery. 

972 REPLIES 972
yosef019
Apprentice
Options

hey i got phone from officical warenty in israel tranfered all with smart share and updated to B9 update. fist day was good 7.30 sot with whatsup backup in background
next day when i already opened most of the apps
I go  outside at sun light so its full brightness took maibe 10 pictures was on the phone for one hour with spotify in background and crome on foreground scrolling i droped 25% with litle more that 1hour sot

so i dont think after 3 updates samsung focused only on the camera and didnt fixed the exinos version

and if for me after 3 updates battery not fixed so i didnt get hope to the phone and sell it

most basic users here geting around 6.5 sot and says battery good haha
this is friends battery  V

155869061_1389944941343511_2153041117310546758_n.jpg

0 Likes
K Dimov
Voyager
Options

@yosef019 Just kill Chrome and use another browser. Chrome is known to be a battery hog and also no ads blocker.  Try with VoLTE off and see if it makes difference.

Current: S24 Ultra 512GB Titanium Violet | Old: S21 Ultra 256GB Phantom Black
0 Likes
Ajs3
Pathfinder
Options

I'm not too disappointed. It was a hectic two days at the office so didn't put on any real screen time.

Screenshot_20210303-133245_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
Austineal
Explorer
Options

I dont understand my battery, its gotten way better than before thats for sure. But a few days ago i reached nearly 10hrs sot. Then the days after the sot decreased with more or less the same usage. 9hrs sot is awesome, 8hrs is great, 7hrs is good enough but 6hrs isnt. Now at 27% ive reached a little over 5hrs sot. Well given that ive used the camera for almost 40min, still sucks very much. 

So camera really drains that much? Like a parched man drinking water? 

Screenshot_20210304-181111_Device care.jpg

What do you guys think is the cause? 

S21U exynos/ 256gb/ Philippine variant 

0 Likes
K Dimov
Voyager
Options

@Austineal that usage done mostly on Wifi or mixed? Also, the camera does eat a sh1tload of battery indeed. No idea why and I would very much like to see comparison usage 1:1 vs Snapdragon. On a 95% WiFi I got quite the 4h SOT and 3d+ total usage with 15% battery left

0 Likes
Austineal
Explorer
Options

@K Dimov i was 85% on wifi and 15% data, 5g disabled tho since 5g is scarce around where i am. I would also be very interested for a snapdragon vs exynos real life usage comparing battery, none of that youtube review we see now.

4h sot in a span of 3 days seem possible to me if and when i wont use my phone as much. 

0 Likes
K Dimov
Voyager
Options

@Austineal the thing is that with those lockdowns and WFH is hard to do a real test. I may try to do one on Saturday, going out early for a day walkabout and staying on mobile till 17:30-18:00 then coming back home on the WiFi and see. That sounds like a plan to me, just hope to be able to do it. But yeah, really curious for a camera battery usage comparison between the two SoC

0 Likes
Juan greenfield
Pathfinder
Options

Hey Guys! New update available (at least on Switzerland) AUBB.

Just saying it update the security part of the device, but it also may improve the issues, be aware thatnit says that once its updated the device can not downgrade. But I'll go for it. 

Screenshot_20210304-201339_Software update.jpg

Stuart8
Navigator
Options

Juan, yeah good shout mate. Let us know how it goes please

Stuart8
Navigator
Options

Mines also come up with a new update now, might just give it a try. This is my second device and battery seems okay for me on this one also

0 Likes