Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Battery life really bad compared to all the youtube video review

(Topic created on: 11-02-2021 10:07 AM)
daribeiro
Pioneer
Options

So I bought the new S21 Ultra on the pre order the day it was announced. I was one of the lucky ones to get early so I could leave a review. 

Coming from a Note 10+ that I had for a year and a half, I was really excited for the S21 Ultra, but was really disappointed with the battery life. I've had the phone for 5 days now and since the very beginning I've not been able to use the phone for the whole day on a single charge. It's been giving me screen on times comparable to my Note 10+ (4/5 hours) which is a much older device, but I thought maybe this was the way all S21 ultra's were behaving, just not very good battery life.

BUT, yesterday all the youtubers started to publish they're videos comparing batteries with older S devices and Iphones and their S21s were doing amazing, giving them screen on times of up to 13 hours! 

I contacted support but they said this would be normal as my phone was still learning user patterns... but I'm not sure if that would affect it as bad as it is at the moment. 

What do you guys think? Should I send the phone back? I'm really concerned that I just spent all this money on a new phone for it to be so bad with battery. 

972 REPLIES 972
Ajs3
Pathfinder
Options

Any suggestions for doing a drain test?  Tried Youtube. Suppose I can keep the screen on and open a ton of apps in the backround and see how it fares?

0 Likes
Juan greenfield
Pathfinder
Options

Sorry but poor signal isn't the problem I have a 5G antenna 200 meters away of my house, 4G signal and 5G signal to the maximum.

You can manage to auto turnoff your phone during night with bixby routines.

0 Likes
K Dimov
Helping Hand
Options

Short of disabling the sim cards, you can use airplane mode :smiling-face:

Current: S24 Ultra 512GB Titanium Violet | Old: S21 Ultra 256GB Phantom Black
0 Likes
Mohnish Waikar
Explorer
Options

Try switching to 4g only. You can also try to be only on WIFI by disabling mobile data and see if there is any improvement. 

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Nah guys I give up with this phone. Too many variables between all the posts. One thing is for certain..something is wrong with these phones! When I'm on wifi the bat is a beast. When I'm not then it's absolutely USELESS! Can literally watch the battery drain. If this is the pinicale of Samsung tech after all their years in the game and they don't even bother to acknowledge a problem then fk em... my mate 20 pro would dominate this things battery and NEVER got as hot as this trash thing. Fk Samsung man! All that money down the fkn drain.. 

TheKingColey
Explorer
Options
Same here mate. Mines is being collected tomorrow. Just bought a OnePlus 8T instead and got 130 quid trade in for my Mate20. Couldn't handle going back to 60hz refresh xD
0 Likes
kaysa
Explorer
Options

Yes same for me, over 25% drain overnight which is ridiculous 

Stuart8
Navigator
Options

This post has no relevance on this thread, but I’m seeing a lot of “Exynos 990/2100” and its confusing the life out of me. What’s what? And what does the S21 ultra brought from Samsung in the UK have in it? I can’t work it out.

0 Likes
K Dimov
Helping Hand
Options

@Stuart8 the EU / AU have the Exynos 2100 SoC. Afaik only USA has the Snapdragon 888 one. And tests for camera show the Snapdragon having better picture processing. My hopes that Samsung can do something about that with a FW update.

Current: S24 Ultra 512GB Titanium Violet | Old: S21 Ultra 256GB Phantom Black
Stuart8
Navigator
Options

Ohh okay man thank you for your reply that’s appreciated! 

0 Likes