Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Battery life really bad compared to all the youtube video review

(Topic created on: 07-02-2021 05:59 PM)
daribeiro
Pioneer
Options

So I bought the new S21 Ultra on the pre order the day it was announced. I was one of the lucky ones to get early so I could leave a review. 

Coming from a Note 10+ that I had for a year and a half, I was really excited for the S21 Ultra, but was really disappointed with the battery life. I've had the phone for 5 days now and since the very beginning I've not been able to use the phone for the whole day on a single charge. It's been giving me screen on times comparable to my Note 10+ (4/5 hours) which is a much older device, but I thought maybe this was the way all S21 ultra's were behaving, just not very good battery life.

BUT, yesterday all the youtubers started to publish they're videos comparing batteries with older S devices and Iphones and their S21s were doing amazing, giving them screen on times of up to 13 hours! 

I contacted support but they said this would be normal as my phone was still learning user patterns... but I'm not sure if that would affect it as bad as it is at the moment. 

What do you guys think? Should I send the phone back? I'm really concerned that I just spent all this money on a new phone for it to be so bad with battery. 

972 REPLIES 972
RohitD
Explorer
Options
How is this even possible!
0 Likes
Stuart8
Navigator
Options

Mayaneire, is that 6hr 48 minutes of use and it’s used 55% battery? Or it’s used 38%?

0 Likes
mayaneire
Explorer
Options

it was 45% battery left at time of posting.

0 Likes
Stuart8
Navigator
Options

It’s certain phones then definitely. My s21 ultra would be dead by that time, it dropped nearly 50% on 1 hour and a half of screen time.. it’s such a shame 

0 Likes
Darbis
Voyager
Options

This is crazy. I think you need to get it replaced

0 Likes
Stuart8
Navigator
Options

Yeah I’m having it picked up Tuesday but Samsung can’t send me another one out for another week unfortunately. So I really hope it works having a different phone 

0 Likes
Darbis
Voyager
Options

Anyway keep us informed. The more people post here Samsung will take note of it. (hopefully)

0 Likes
Stuart8
Navigator
Options

I will do mate. Yeah in the hope that happens they should hopefully fix the issue for people who are t replacing them. I’m really hoping the new one doesn’t have a battery issue, but if it does I’ll just have to hope a new update fixes it..

0 Likes
Dave
Explorer
Options

😂 They won't. I've just watched asbyt on YouTube saying how good the battery is. I'm on my second unit. Currently on 31%,off charge at 7:45 am, have 5 hrs sot,which is better than yesterday. Think I'll keep it and sell it once the oneplus 9 Pro comes out. 

0 Likes
Stuart8
Navigator
Options

Dave, that’s your second phone and your still having battery problems? Was it any better than your first phone? That’s not a great start..

0 Likes