Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Battery life really bad compared to all the youtube video review

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 10:09 PM)
daribeiro
Pioneer
Options

So I bought the new S21 Ultra on the pre order the day it was announced. I was one of the lucky ones to get early so I could leave a review. 

Coming from a Note 10+ that I had for a year and a half, I was really excited for the S21 Ultra, but was really disappointed with the battery life. I've had the phone for 5 days now and since the very beginning I've not been able to use the phone for the whole day on a single charge. It's been giving me screen on times comparable to my Note 10+ (4/5 hours) which is a much older device, but I thought maybe this was the way all S21 ultra's were behaving, just not very good battery life.

BUT, yesterday all the youtubers started to publish they're videos comparing batteries with older S devices and Iphones and their S21s were doing amazing, giving them screen on times of up to 13 hours! 

I contacted support but they said this would be normal as my phone was still learning user patterns... but I'm not sure if that would affect it as bad as it is at the moment. 

What do you guys think? Should I send the phone back? I'm really concerned that I just spent all this money on a new phone for it to be so bad with battery. 

972 REPLIES 972
daribeiro
Pioneer
Options
oh wow that is a first ahaha at least someone is having good battery
mayaneire
Explorer
Options

Yesterday it was so bad I was worried. Will see how it goes with heavier usage!

0 Likes
daribeiro
Pioneer
Options

Did you have the display on 120hz or 60?

0 Likes
mayaneire
Explorer
Options

I left it as adaptive. 

However and it may be important: I love my blue light filter 🤔

0 Likes
Leoxis
Explorer
Options

Hahahha I guess I'm the only one with AOD eating 15% of their battery, I cleared the AOD cash and restarted the phone to see if AOD didn't crashed or bugged altho there was an update today for AOD dunno if Samsung fixed anything with it my SOT is 3h:30 mins and my battery is at 18% now.....

0 Likes
IIElliotII
First Poster
Options
So glad I'm not the only one having this issue. There is clearly something wrong and we need some communication from Samsung. I highly doubt learning usage will increase the battery life father then the 5 or so hours I'm getting at the moment, it sounds like stall tactics to keep people quiet while a fix is found. I didn't expect to pay £1200 for this, massively disappointed.
j123456789
Pathfinder
Options

Decided to reset the phone and install apps individually. The battery life improved from 4hrs SoT to just over 6 hrs. It is still bad, I may try to use HD+ 60Hz mode to improve battery life further but what's the point?

0 Likes
Alexxxx2
Apprentice
Options

I posted earlier today same battery drain issue and i format the phone this time didnt use smart things. Just install everyrhing one by one withour copying from old phone. It made difference so far no drain. 

0 Likes
Damien
First Poster
Options

I just received my S21, and the battery lifespan is horrible...

0 Likes
Leoxis
Explorer
Options

Welcome to the club