Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra battery life issues

(Topic created on: 16-07-2021 10:53 AM)
Chrisharry
Journeyman
Options
Hi all I'm having issues with my battery. I have had the phone 3 days and have imported my apps etc from old phone. Its lasting about 10 hours with it predicting to do so today as well. I'm down at 79% after taking it off charge less that two hours ago and barely using it.

I saw a similar post suggesting to reset the cache but it just isn't working.. I have watched 3 videos on how to do it, I follow them step by step and it just reboots my phone normally..

On the battery stats it says chrome is the biggest culprit. I use chrome for work and has all my shortcuts etc save so I really don't want to switch as I should be able to use the browser I choose without issue. I have upgraded from the p30 Pro and usually get a full day out of it every time and that's with heavy use...

Is their a known error/ fix as I'm about ready to send it back.

I'm using the same charger I used for the p30 Pro since Samsung didn't even provide one for this phone..
19 REPLIES 19
MM3301
Pioneer
Options
Im having the same issue with my normal s21. After the recent update. Battery life is awful and sometimes i wont fast charge
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Chrisharry @MM3301 For the beat results you really need a 25 watt charger (the only one which will support Super Fast Charging) . Samsung's official charger  I think is the best choice  but other alternatives here  https://www.xda-developers.com/best-galaxy-s21-fast-chargers/amp/ 

@Chrisharry Does seem to be an issue if losing that much charge with little activity. Usually wiping cache partition and if necessary a factory reset (after backing up) solves many problems. Unfortunately chrome at the moment is a well known Battery Hog though.

I received the S21 Ultra this week,working well so far.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

AndrewL
Options

@Chrisharry: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Please can you take a look at the steps below in an effort to improve your overall battery life? 

- Shut down all background apps when not in use via the Recent Apps button
- Settings > Connections > More Connection Settings > Nearby Device Scanning > Off
- Turn off Wi-Fi, Mobile Data and Bluetooth when not in use
- Head to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Battery > Power Saving Mode > On, and check the additional options below
- Go back and select More Battery Settings > Adaptive Battery > On > Enhanced Processing > Off.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Chrome is a problem across ALL devices since the last update. You will fare no better with other manufacturers, the app is the problem not your phone.
Chrisharry
Journeyman
Options
Yet it causes no issues with my p30 Pro so I don't think chrome itself is the issue.
0 Likes
Chrisharry
Journeyman
Options
Just a shame they don't provide one despite being the most expensive phone on the market.. I currently use a 30w ravpower charger
0 Likes
Chrisharry
Journeyman
Options
Is there another way to clear the cache apart from power off then hold volume up and the power button as that's doing nothing
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Chrisharry With Android 11 you need to connect to computer or use USB C Headphones. Are you using any of the optimisation techniques? Can see more in this thread https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/discussions/s20-plus-android-11-recovery/td-p/2390625 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Mishal
Pathfinder
Options
Hi Chrisharry, inorder to get your phone to boot to recovery mode you will have to connect it to a computer or USB C headphones firs then do the poweroff and holding volume up and power button.