Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Battery health low

(Topic created on: 22-02-2021 12:10 PM)
PurpleMonkey
Apprentice
Options
Purchased a Galaxy S21 Ultra on release and right out of the box accubattery is displaying the Battery's rated capacity as 92%. I contact samsung support and all they give me is tips on how to save battery by disabling all the premium features that come with a flagship device. This is shocking. The question is why have i paid top dollar for a device with an advertised battery capacity of 5000mah only to get one with 4500? 

Do Samsung not see this as a problem? 

Has anyone else had this issue? 

any advice would be appreciated 
14 REPLIES 14
izma1il
First Poster
Options
5000mah is advised as a higher value. However 4500 is still to low as its capacity should at least be 4850mah.

It's more about money, which isn't a surprise business is always about money. it's up to us what we want to pay by checking out multiple smartphones brands. I myself had a s21 ultra, and end up giving away 3 days later.
0 Likes
Mightyblues78
Navigator
Options
Everyone who I've seen on here that's done a battery check has around 4600mah showing on the Ultra. Not sure if it's an optimisation thing which means that the full battery capacity isn't being utilised or what, but it seems common and isn't limited to your device. The system reports 5000mah, Android reports 4850mah and battery monitoring apps seem to show around 4600mah at full charge.
However, the battery life on the device is pretty impressive, especially considering the power of the unit and the display so I certainly haven't found it to be an issue.
PurpleMonkey
Apprentice
Options

Agreed. I havent had issues with Battery longevity, but then again im not a heavy user. What annoys me is the customer support. The battery capacity (yes, 4,850mah is the actual maximum capacity) is one of the £1100 phone's biggest selling points, its not unreasonable to ask the question. But instead I get the same response again and again, have you tried disabling this? and that? what about turning down the resolution? Seriously? who buys a premium phone to then skimp on battery by disabling all its premium features? its poor from Samsung and in terms of quality control i wonder what other issues will start popping up. 

For some context i had an S10 for 2 years and the battery was still at 92% maximum capacity. Does this mean that larger batteries always have a lower maximum?

0 Likes
_Jonno
Voyager
Options
the app AIDA64 reports 4512mah when fully charged.. check the app and post a screenshot of your battery counter when fully charge I will have to get a replacement sent to me
0 Likes
PurpleMonkey
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20210214-114834_AIDA64[21486].jpg

0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
mines the same. but I'd say Aida64. is Inaccurate as my battery health is 95% which would be 4750mah of 5000mah and accubattery reports 4760mah. don't forget in order to maintain battery health Samsung don't let it charge to its maximum capacity... it'll remain 95% for 2 years.

Screenshot_20210222-081349.jpg

Screenshot_20210222-082018_AIDA64.jpg

Screenshot_20210222-082044_AccuBattery.jpg

0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
if I change the design capacity In accubattery from 4855mah to 5000mah I get 95% instead of 98%. don't use AIDA64 use the 2 apps from my screen shot

Screenshot_20210222-082617_AccuBattery.jpg

0 Likes
_Jonno
Voyager
Options
how is your battery life?
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
really good. I'm satisfied. I came from a p30 pro which had very good battery... they are very much the same maybe s21 ultra a bit better... I use WQHD+ and 120hz.
0 Likes