Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra - battery drain

(Topic created on: 11-03-2021 12:38 PM)
Jjb85
Explorer
Options
I've really started to notice my battery is not lasting the full day. Its mostly just on my desk all day but come the evening, the battery is saying it needs charged. 

Im not sure how to work out what might be draining it or what I might be able to do to investigate or fix it - so any advice or suggestions would be most welcome!
0 Likes
52 REPLIES 52
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
do you have AOD ( always on disply) ? running ?
0 Likes
Case1188
Voyager
Options
that's weird, I've got the s21ultra 5g exynos chip and the battery life is amazing, almost two days.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Jjb85: I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with the battery on your S21 Ultra. If you'd like to monitor your battery usage and get an idea of what might be contributing to the drainage then please head to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Battery. Please be aware that the S21 Ultra features an Intelligent Battery that learns your usage patterns over time, and optimises the battery to give you the best overall battery life. This can take a while, however you should expect to see an improvement. In the meantime, please check out the following energy saving tips.

- Shut down all background apps when not in use via the Recent Apps button
- Settings > Connections > More Connection Settings > Nearby Device Scanning > Off
- Turn off Wi-Fi, Mobile Data and Bluetooth when not in use
- Head to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Battery > Power Saving Mode > On, and check the additional options below
- Go back and select More Battery Settings > Adaptive Battery > On > Enhanced Processing > Off.

Jjb85
Explorer
Options
yes but only what I tap the screen to show it..
0 Likes
Jjb85
Explorer
Options
oh wow. I'm no where near that!
0 Likes
Jjb85
Explorer
Options
thanks for the tips. although as a brand new phone, and the highest spec I could get, I was kind of hoping I wouldn't have to resort to manually turning off things when they're not in use... 😕

thank you though!
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

What I can suggest you is to

turn on adaptive battery, from battery settings 

turn off adaptive power saving (it is called like that in one ui 1 and2 currently do not have one ui 3 so I do not know if it is still there)

disable enhanced processing, perhaps turn on battery saver (you should notice the difference between it on or off performance wise)

from device care you should be able to put apps in sleep and deep sleep. Put all the apps you do not need the notifications into deep sleep mode, and put to sleep the apps whose notifications are not crucial. Put the apps whose notifications are crucial (like WhatsApp ect..) in the never put to sleep apps.

If you did a few updates since you have the phone you should power your phone off, then plug in the charger and then press and keep pressed volume up and the power button. Once booted into recovery mode perform the wipe cache partition (NOT THE WIPE DATA FACTORY RESET) and then reboot the device.

If you like you can share a screenshot of your battery stats so we can make an idea :smiling-face:

Archer
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Same here.
0 Likes
Jjb85
Explorer
Options
here are some screenshots if they're helpful?

I'm not entirely sure what they mean...

Screenshot_20210311-123530_Device care_37148.jpg

Screenshot_20210311-123538_Device care_37149.jpg

0 Likes