Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra battery drain

(Topic created on: 05-01-2022 07:06 AM)
A5adm
Journeyman
Options
I have had my s21 ultra for about 3 months now and my battery life is really bad.

I've tried literally everything, but even Withtout all the back ground sleeping , you would still expect at least 6 hours of SOT from a new phone like this. 

I am getting max 3 hours SOT before my phone gets to 20% .

typing this forum took 2 % of my battery life 🤦
17 REPLIES 17
A5adm
Journeyman
Options
they are all on , thanks
0 Likes
A5adm
Journeyman
Options
yes I have
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Hi @A5adm No guarantee but a Factory reset can certainly help when all other options have been exhausted. Obviously firstly ensure your Data is backed up.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Ashry
Student
Options

Thats true, im so disappointed in Samsung, i have huawei mate 20x 4g

Bigger screen 7 inch, 5000 battery, with full charging, all sensors on, i get 6 h screen on time, with normal usage i get 2 to 3 days of using, I'm so satisfying with mate 20x , really branded names only names, not as they telling, now after i bought that s21 ultra, im still using mate 20 x, only using s21 ultra for calling sometimes.

Really so disappointed in Samsung, even regretting i bought that expensive one,

What ever solution they telling, its disappointing, the phone software or hardware, can't really manage battery consumption well

0 Likes
Ashry
Student
Options

I didn't buy a phone to activate safe mode or power saving mode that fast or even disable some sensors to keep my battery for 6 hours, what is the use of telling 5000 battery, your phone failed in battery managing 

0 Likes
A5adm
Journeyman
Options
always messing up on the phone that I buy 🤣🤣🤣 but I'm sure it's just some software issue as most people who have this phone are getting excellent battery life
0 Likes
Options

I got the same issue with 2022 August 8 update. Never had this drain before. Some sites are indicating an abnormal camera usage in background. I turned off all apps access to camera and it improved but still not as before. All apps are on restricted mode, access data restricted, dark mode, etc. I will try disabling digital well being. 

0 Likes
Jeffrey Coburn
First Poster
Options

This entire thread is so sad.  All the "suggestions" for the users to try.  There should be no reason whatsoever that the users should be required to troubleshoot this.  If Samsung can't build a smartphone after 14 years of trying get a clue and give up.  You should not have to make configuration changes, stop using Bluetooth, or do any of the other suggestions here.  The manufacturer should design a phone whose battery isn't drained by excess processes and bloatware.  Period, end of story.

0 Likes