Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra battery drain

(Topic created on: 08-11-2021 07:43 PM)
A5adm
Journeyman
Options
I have had my s21 ultra for about 3 months now and my battery life is really bad.

I've tried literally everything, but even Withtout all the back ground sleeping , you would still expect at least 6 hours of SOT from a new phone like this. 

I am getting max 3 hours SOT before my phone gets to 20% .

typing this forum took 2 % of my battery life 🤦
17 REPLIES 17
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
This page maybe helpful to you

The battery drains fast, How do I extend the battery life?

https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/mobile-devices/the-battery-drains-fast-how-do-i-extend-the-ba...
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @A5adm  I take it you are using a lot of optimsation techniques, are  you using a power saving mode and do you use 5G much?  Dark modes at times of the day an option but not a fan of this being  on constantly, personally want balance of best experience and battery  life.  Some ideas in this article, though you may have tried many of them.  https://www.sammobile.com/news/7-tips-improve-galaxy-s21-ultra-battery-life/ 

Have you wiped the cache partition lately as that can help, if nothing else makes much difference  could try a factory reset  (after backing up of course)    The battery life on my S21 Ultra after the initial period has been fairly impressive generally.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Darthphillius
Explorer
Options
I'd also recommend keeping Bluetooth off until you need it. I'd highly recommend switching from Google Play to Samsung Pay also. You can keep your NFC off until you need to pay for something; then when you swipe up and scan your fingerprint it turns on your NFC for 60 seconds to complete the transaction. Both power efficient and more secure.
Darthphillius
Explorer
Options
I'd also use the optimisation in your settings to see what apps are draining your battery. I'd also use a virus app (I swear by Bitdefender) as there's plenty of malware out there that will use your phone's CPU to mine for Crypto.
0 Likes
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you wiped the partition cache....I wipe mine after every update
Here is how to do it....same process as note10
https://youtu.be/T2HkEa94FRk
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@A5adm ,Hello, could you also include these two important settings: In Device care, three points up right / Action Automatic and active: Automatic daily optimization and Adaptive energy saving, greetings.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

A5adm
Journeyman
Options
thank you for that and yes I wiped my cache partition in the recovery menu and that didn't help , would factory resetting help?
A5adm
Journeyman
Options
yeah I have been monitoring and put the apps to sleep but that made no difference either
0 Likes
A5adm
Journeyman
Options
thanks I'll have a look into that