Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra - battery drain

(Topic created on: 14-03-2021 09:24 AM)
Jjb85
Explorer
Options
I've really started to notice my battery is not lasting the full day. Its mostly just on my desk all day but come the evening, the battery is saying it needs charged. 

Im not sure how to work out what might be draining it or what I might be able to do to investigate or fix it - so any advice or suggestions would be most welcome!
0 Likes
52 REPLIES 52
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

Chrome is a very power consuming browser on mobile, hence why he should go for the switcheroo with samsung internet which is in my opinion better feature and power wise.

AH another thing I forgot to mention: do you have a 5G data plan currently? If not you should go into your phone settings then go into connections->sim management->tap on you active screen and switch the network mode from 5g/4gect... to 4g/3g ect.. automatic, this will save a bit of battery since 5G modems are not that efficient at all currently

Archer
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Well the thing is, when I check AccuBattery stats, Chrome has approximately the same power drain as YouTube for me ~350mA.
0 Likes
Jjb85
Explorer
Options
I did have 120 (which I really liked) but it's now standard 60 since switching to power saving. also adaptive brightness.

bit of shame that I have this flag ship phone but having to limit it so much
0 Likes
Jjb85
Explorer
Options
I have my Samsung watch. and Samsung buds but only really use those in the morning.

had no idea about the browser. will switch over!
0 Likes
Jjb85
Explorer
Options
had no idea about the browser. will switch to chrome!

I do have a 5g plan but should I switch to 4g regardless? and just switch to 5g when I need it?
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
This is my typical usage pattern, the estimates look pretty much spot on. I'm running with almost no compromises, I use 120hz WQHD+, 5G, NFC and Bluetooth all on. The only things disabled are nearby device scanning and the s pen. I use dark mode and a fixed brightness of 15% as my typical settings. I'd say my buds usage is an average of 1h/day.

clipboard_image_1615657821333.jpg

Jjb85
Explorer
Options
oh dark mode! I'll do that too! thanks!
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

Can't you switch the refresh rate to adaptive even though in power saving mode?

If you have a 5g plan do not change the option I told you, it is a waste of time to go change it every time.

You should indeed turn off adaptive brightness though: the phone will always have the light sensor on and that uses power and also tends to overshoot a bit the brightness, manual adjusting should be more efficient.

I am sorry to be tedius but can you send today's battery stats?

Archer
Jjb85
Explorer
Options
will get adaptive brightness turned off, thanks. and it greys out the 120hz option when power saving is turned on.

still haven't been able to put into recovery mode to wipe the cache..

not tedious at all. appreciate the help! although it's probably a bad example today as I've been on my phone constantly today...

Screenshot_20210313-205342_AccuBattery_37821.jpg

Screenshot_20210313-205437_Device care_37823.jpg

Screenshot_20210313-205351_AccuBattery_37822.jpg

0 Likes
Darbis
Voyager
Options
0 Likes