Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra - battery drain

(Topic created on: 11-03-2021 03:09 PM)
Jjb85
Explorer
Options
I've really started to notice my battery is not lasting the full day. Its mostly just on my desk all day but come the evening, the battery is saying it needs charged. 

Im not sure how to work out what might be draining it or what I might be able to do to investigate or fix it - so any advice or suggestions would be most welcome!
0 Likes
52 REPLIES 52
Jjb85
Explorer
Options
here's some from accubattery as well which make no sense to me... :smiling-face:

Screenshot_20210311-144259_AccuBattery_37251.jpg

Screenshot_20210311-144316_AccuBattery_37252.jpg

0 Likes
Jjb85
Explorer
Options
thank you! I've shared some below if they're any help?
0 Likes
Members_OAzQBl9
First Poster
Options

I am having exactly the same problem! My S21 Ultra battery wise is performing worse than my A21 (2019) or S7..., like twice as bad and those are already old devices... 

4h SOT (Screen on Time) this is what I am getting each day! Like WTF...

I have tried probably every single battery optimization trick in the book, except turning off the WQHD and 120HZ as those are the features I bought this beast of a phone for. And I am heavily disappointed.

What I have tried:

1. Nearby Wifi Scanning off
  2. Nearby Bluetooth Scanning off
  3. Device Scanning off
  4. All possible battery optimization/Adaptive features on
  5. Almost all the APPS put to deep sleep
  6. Phone fully debloated from all unused app including Samsung Smarthings.
  7. Dark Mode ON
  8. Adaptive Brightness Off  so it does not peak to high values wasting battery - with Slider permanently set below 40%
  9. Pretty much all the setting like NFC, Bluetooth etc OFF whenever not used. Data or Wifi ON depending on location
  10. No enhanced processing,
  11. 5G Off
  12. Second SIM OFF (For now at least) so it does not have to do the heavy lifting of connecting to two networks.
  13. I am actively monitoring my battery with Samsung tools and AccuBattery

At this is what I get... see below:

Screenshoot #1 - This is pretty much my daily experience... bearly 4h SOT and my S21 Ultra is Dead...  worse than all 3 phones I had previously.

159403620_150752613478983_2944442617210286329_n.jpeg

Screenshot #2 - Almost dead less than 4h SOT

158825775_850486645510136_8061467257157860222_n.jpeg

Screenshoot #3 - This one is from today, I am about to charge it for the third time and it is only 3pm... No games, nothing... The high number of SOT due to me charging a few times during the day

159518657_265691898505866_4453034700158494106_n.jpeg

I am so frustrated at this point, I am not sure if I should go return it to Samsung, do I have a defective unit?

Also on a side note, it tends to run hot even when I do a simple thing like scrolling a website for longer period of time....

Is this is what the most expensive smartphone on the market experience should be? Turning off almost everything to function? I never had to do it to this degree in the past...

0 Likes
Kasim2409
Voyager
Options
is 5G enabled? i've heard it can be quite the battery drainer however because 5G isn't available in my area i have the option switched off all together so i can't comment on that.
0 Likes
Members_OAzQBl9
First Poster
Options

Not in my case. It's off 

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Edge is eating your battery like crazy it seems.

Make sure screen brightness is adaptive and under app permissions, location only when app is opened.
Do this for most apps and only leave the few that you would like location all the Time.
Do a wipe cache (check youtube or Google how to do it.
Jjb85
Explorer
Options
how can you tell that? but either way, will definitely try this! thanks!!
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
sorry the Edge was for the other poster who put his battery stats.
Funny though for most people it was chrome which was the rogue one.
But yeah definitely try the location settings and wipe cache.
Also make sure all apps are updated both from Samsung store and Google.
Members_OAzQBl9
First Poster
Options

Yeah, the last test I have shown where I had to charge three times a day... was after I removed edge and moved to Samsung. So it is not that 😕

0 Likes
Jjb85
Explorer
Options
yeah chrome seemed to be a Biggie. as did the Wearable app. but thanks, will try these!