Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 24-02-2021 07:29 AM)
Fooey
Pioneer
Options
Hi guys I'm on software version AUB9 and after charge and only used the phone to text my battery has went from 100% to 92% in 49 minutes. Anyone else finding this? 
14 REPLIES 14
pigeonfly
Navigator
Options
have you checked what apps are running in background also switching back-light to dark mode saves battery power
Fooey
Pioneer
Options
Yeah nothing causing major drain. But don't think in 49 min of text I'd have lost 7%
0 Likes
pigeonfly
Navigator
Options
hmm puzzled lol
neutchain
Student
Options
I've put most apps to deep sleep mode in the battery/background usage settings. Really don't want anything doing stuff in the background unless I want them to or system related process. Also, switched back to 4G and only activate 5G if I really need the speed for something, it saves a lot of battery. I find it that the battery drops back to the high eighties fairly quickly but then it really slows down.
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
I think the issue is with Google play services at the min.
Fooey
Pioneer
Options
I'll keep an eye out on that
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Pretty much all Samsung phones I've owned don't stay at 100% after charging for long. Typically you'll see a fairly steep drop at first but drain will normalise and drop much more slowly later on. If you were just texting for 49m straight and lost 7% that's pretty much as expected of SoT which at that rate would last you well over 11h.
Fooey
Pioneer
Options
Thank you
aa68
Voyager
Options
the battery will always try to balance out the positive and negative charges meaning that 50% is the most efficient % to keep your phone on because it will last longer + will do less damage to the battery in the long run