Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Back Panel

(Topic created on: 11-02-2021 06:46 AM)
Colshie
Navigator
Options
Anyone else confused by the back panel on the S21 Ultra. Mine feels like plastic and certainly not the same quality feel as my S10+ which is clearly glass. 
21 REPLIES 21
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
it's frosted matte glass.
mocerad
Explorer
Options

Hey, I had a ceramic S10+ and the gorilla glass on S21 Ultra can't compare to it, since S21 Ultra back it's plasticky and slippery. They do save on materials obviously 😕

Lane93
Explorer
Options
The back of the s21u is frosted matte glass so it provides abit more grip. I've upgraded from my s10 and it feels 10x better and less slippery than that
JohnBrolly
Explorer
Options

Hi there, this is exactly what I'm trying to find out. I ordered the Phantom Brown model and I'm convinced it is not a glass back but a plastic one but no one from "Samsung" can confirm it for me ... feels very cheap and not what I expected from the premium flagship top end Ultra. I use a S10+ and it has a much more premium feel to it.  I'm not happy at all and the weight of the Ultra is rather uncomfortable as well.

WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

@JohnBrolly wrote:

I'm not happy at all and the weight of the Ultra is rather uncomfortable as well.

Then send it back.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
Colshie
Navigator
Options
Samsung confirmed the back panel is frosted glass but the way they described a frosted glass effect certainly isn't what's on the back of my phone.
Colshie
Navigator
Options
you must work for Samsung....
0 Likes
JohnBrolly
Explorer
Options

Yeah they confirmed it for me as well, frosted matte glass that suspiciously looks and feels like plastic lol. Then I realised that I've got a plastic clear case coming for it to sit in so probably doesn't matter what the back is made of, however, subjectively it does not feel or look 'premium'.

Been using the phone now for a full day and getting used to it more, the cameras are excellent, the screen is amazing and I am getting used to the extra weight. Having the S10+ (probably the best phone I've ever had) and only upgrading as a want and not a need has been a heavy decision for me so let's see what the next few days will bring. I can always send it back ...

One thing though, does your click when you pick it up or shake the handset gently? It kinda feels like there's something loose inside ...

Colshie
Navigator
Options
hey, totally agree re the finish and throwing a case on it but I am keeping mine. battery is amazing and the cameras are first class also love the screen. yeah I hear something move if I gently sake it but assume it's the camera lenses 🙄 doesn't bother me and doubt it's anything like a loose badger or anything 🤣🤣 cheers
0 Likes