Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra awful battery life Android 12.

(Topic created on: 02-01-2022 07:48 PM)
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
My screen on time is shocking. Thinking of selling this piece of ***** unless Samsung do something and fix it. My old p30 pro was way better. 🤔😔

18 REPLIES 18
Ck_
Explorer
Options
That's worst screen on time ever seen on any phone Really will have to check of my s21 ultra is like that as have been using Zfold 3.
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Worse than the s6/s7/s8/s9. It's like Samsung have gone backwards. 🤣
0 Likes
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Wipe your cache partition....should be done after every update
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I think the SOT is messed up on Android 12.
I mean I can still get a days use of it but now the most it shows is 6 hours or so with gaming COD.

I'm sure they have changed something with Android 12.
As you will notice it doesn't show how much the app is used in background just Active.
And what's the point of the Screen off Time anyways....
I'm sure people can do basic mathematics.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Screen on time is the worst possible way of measuring how good a phone uses its battery capacity.
There are massive differences in each person's usage of a device.
Even first using a device the software is learning usage patterns and can take a while to settle.
I have the P30 Pro as well, and the EMUI software has an aggressive power management. It's the one thing I've always complained about with that phone. It's far too aggressive.
Some other phones are less power managed to allow apps to be able to update and send notifications.
What apps you have on your phone will affect the battery life and how you use them.
Some apps will be constantly refreshing etc.
If you don't use some of the features on the phone, why not try disabling them.
The P30 Pro is a 4G phone S21 is a 5G device. So if you don't have 5G in your area, try turning that off. Especially if you don't have a 5G contract/ SIM
There are issues with Android 12 at the moment for which you'd have to wait for Google to sort out.
S21 is a good phone and blaming the hardware when that's probably not the issue is not right.
Currently from looking at the information you have provided, you have virtually a full 24 day of use if you used it for 24 hours.
So a few battery saving things like force stopping apps rarely used and looking at the features you don't use can save you further.
You can't compare the over aggressive power managed P30 Pro to the S21. They work and manage software in very different ways
I have the Z Fold 3 with supposed poor battery life. But it lasts me a full day and a lot more at times. Screen on time is really irrelevant as a measurement.
My post onthe Z Fold 3 battery life still in its learning phase shows it lasts well.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-z-fold-z-flip/battery-performance-z-fold-3/td-p/3901972

I'm still getting the same if not better
0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi I don't agree, I've gotten 8 - 9 hours SOT, & I could get more if I really wanted too.
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Wiped cache, power save mode on, 5g off. Auto sync off. Battery is still shite. I'm running FHD and 60hz today to see if it's any better but we shouldn't have to turn off all the features we pay for just to get decent battery life
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
I've got all apps deep sleeping. Auto sync off. Power save on, every possible battery saving feature you can have on so please don't fob me off with blaming everything but the chipset and poor software optimization. Look at the iPhone 13 pro max for example. Way less battery capacity but offers better battery life.
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
You don't have to agree but my screenshot proves how trash the battery is.
0 Likes