Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra automatically switches between sound and vibrate

(Topic created on: 18-08-2021 07:58 PM)
WokingBoy
Student
Options

My phone keeps switching from sound to vibrate and back again every few seconds. What causes this to happen and how can I stop it?

7 REPLIES 7
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @WokingBoy  Go to Settings-Sounds and Vibration- Volume. Ensure the slides for Notifications and System Volume are set to an appropriate level.  you may then need to check recent Notifications and check that  the alert is checked for appropriate apps.    An example for Gmail here:

Screenshot_20210818-195441_Settings.jpg

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
WokingBoy
Student
Options

Thank you but, unfortunately, the switch from sound to vibrate and back is continuous without anything else happening on my phone eg: no notifications, no messages, no calls. It just keeps going on and on and is driving me crazy.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@WokingBoy  ok, thanks for confirming.  you could try clearing the cache partition to see if that makes a difference :

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones  , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key .
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.

Press the Power key to restart the device.

Factory  Reset  an option if all else fails though realise can be reluctance to do so,would need to ensure all Data is backed up obviously .

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
bluetigon06
First Poster
Options

My phone is not S21 but I have A52 5G and it has the same problem. I wanted to fix it so badly. I don't know what happen though.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@bluetigon06: Please can you try restarting your phone in Safe Mode, and monitoring the performance to see if the issue occurs here? This will disable all third party apps, and help to determine if the problem is stemming form an external source. To proceed, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode. 

If your A52 5G no longer switches from sound to vibrate in Safe Mode, then restart the device as you would normally, and delete any recently installed apps. Sadly it won't be possible to tell which app is responsible, therefore please approach this via a process of elimination. 

0 Likes
Kentho
First Poster
Options

was this issue solved by clearing the cache? Thanx.

0 Likes
efi99
Explorer
Options

Same problem here with A52 5G. I turn on vibrate mode, then turning back to sound mode and it either immediately jumps back to vibrate mode or exactly when the screen is locked.

The only way to turn it back is to open the volume panel with the sliders, turn the volume up and then immediately the notification volume slider too. If I'm not fast enough, the volume slider jumps back to 0 within half a second. The notification slider is initially inactive (cannot be adjusted) in vibrating mode and cannot be pulled up by itself, is this normal anyway?

If that wasn't enough, even when set to silent mode, it immediately jumps back to vibrate mode. It's horrible.

0 Likes