Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra 5G Facebook messenger recording voice messages not working

(Topic created on: 20-11-2021 09:29 PM)
Georgiana_s24_ultra
Apprentice
Options

Till today, having installed android 11, I was getting "something went wrong " error while trying to record voice messages on Facebook messenger.

Today I have installed android 12, the issue is the same. I'm not getting an error, it looks like it is recording, but the voice message is silent, no sound or words. The problem appears only if I use chat heads from messenger (chat bubbles doesn't work for messenger). If chat heads is off and I am opening the app each time I want to chat to someone,  I don't notice the voice recording issue, i can send voice messages. 

It looks like voice message recording works only the first time you open the app (when chat heads is ON, the moment you tap the chat head is not the first time you open the app, so it will fail, the message will be silent)...you have to close the chat head each time you face the problem and re-open Facebook messenger.

Quite annoying. Over 1000€ for a phone and it's having compatibility issues with a popular chatting app...

I've checked the permissions, I know the settings by heart,  everything is ok. If you have any ideas, please share them with me. Thanks. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Cgrace2436
First Poster
Options

I am having the exact same issue. We are paying way too much for a phone for it to not work properly. 

Georgiana_s24_ultra
Apprentice
Options

After the new update, with chat head active, voice message recording works if I open facebook messenger app from app list (although I have the chat head on the screen).

If I want to tap the chat head and record a voice message, it records "silent" voice messages. 

Still doesn't work.

Simaof94
First Poster
Options

I got the same issue

0 Likes
BoyUniverz
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same issue, I am glad that Im not the only one. I was trying to find a solution on the internet but I couldnt find any, I just bought this phone so its sad to see things like this happen

0 Likes
Members_vlqfC9V
First Poster
Options

Same issue here

Simaof94
First Poster
Options

Until they fix this, I am disabling chat heads and using notifications for messenger only, works for me.

0 Likes
Members_wwlPmx1
First Poster
Options

Same issue, just bought s23, but I can't send voice message from bubble so I disabled it. 🥲