Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra 512GB Unavailable UK

(Topic created on: 16-06-2021 01:18 PM)
Phonehope
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

The S21 comes without an SD card slot. Therefore a large memory is vital due to the excellent camera resolution and resultant large file size. Unfortunately, Samsung appears to have discontinued the 512GB version in the UK. Their web site shows that it is in stock at Amazon, Mobile Phones Direct, BT and O2. This is in error since it has not been in stock at BT or O2 for ages. The page they direct you to at Mobile Phones Direct does not exist. The Amazon device is not a UK version. Therefore sadly folks, it looks like the 512GB version is off unless you buy a different version with the problems that will cause when you come to set it up in the UK.

I notice that the Apple 12 is readily available in the 512GB version and it does have an SD card slot. The price is about the same as the S21. The downside is that the camera is not so good.

It seems that the ideal phone is yet to be designed, mainly because the designers reinvent the wheel each time they bring out a new phone instead of enhancing the good points of existing products and adding to them. Removing the SD card slot was a dull thing to do.

6 REPLIES 6
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

Dull to you but profitable to Samsung.

FYI - The camera isn't so great on the S21 Ultra either! 🙂

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Apple has never had an SD Card slot on any iPhone. Where did you get that info from? In fact Samsung was one of the few companies to implement them on their high end smartphones and still do on their midrange line.

Just buy a USB C SD Card reader and your photot/video storage on SD Cards is fulfilled. Or simply use cloud storage or a home network storage. The choices are endless.
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Funny why people compare it to dedicated DSLR cameras though. The age of smartphone camera decadence is truly in full swing!
0 Likes
Phonehope
Apprentice
Options

You are so right. My apologies. I saw an advert that said Apple 12 supported an SD card but on further investigation, it does not.

0 Likes
Snapper99
Voyager
Options
Ebay
Current Phone S23 Ultra (1TB)
0 Likes
MarkS21Ultra
Student
Options

The 512gb s21 Ultra has not been available in the USA for months now. Everyone keeps blaming chip shortages. Samsung must have been too lax on ordering chips and missed the buy in!

I am also ticked off at Samsungs disregard for what consumers want. We all are not made of money to afford Cloud Storage. I want a memory slot and S pen included!

Samsung get to work getting factories making your chips!

0 Likes